got egged now paint discolored | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

got egged now paint discolored

'95 white/cream ltd

ok guys, got egged a while ago, egg sat on car for about 5-6 hours. Now, the area where the egg was, and the area around it have what seem like water marks. its just like slightly blackish discolored and nothing will get it out. It looks like its below the paint almost, yet no way it could be. Car wash, waxing, washing - nothing gets it out.

Any ideas?

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I always thought waxing would fix it, what wax did you use? If not, I don't have any idea. That sucks though, I would be so pissed off, any idea who did it? And, if nothing, does your insurance cover paint? I'm not sure if any companies do but it's worth a look into.

I just did the waxing by hand, I have a buffer I'm going to use this weekend, but doesn't look like it will work.

Waxing at car washes doesn't work either.

You need to use a paint cleaner. Wax isnt designed to clean anything from the surface, its just a protectant. Pick up something like Meguiars Dual Action Paint Cleanser with a buffer that should do the trick, but then you'll have to polish, and protect.

What kind of buffer?

A clay bar kit may be able to pull it out of the paint as well. Good luck man!

turtle wax one... was like $30 a while ago at Track Auto. Not that great, but it does the job

I hate to say it, but there is a chance that it may be unrepairable. When I had my '00 Ranger, I too was egged and I forgot to wash it off immediately and it sorta baked into the paint in the summer heat. I just thought a good wax/cleaner would get it off, but upon closer inspection, I noticed that everywhere the egg had come in contact with, the paint had in fact "shattered". When you looked at it really close up, the paint looked just like shattered glass. I took it to a Ford body shop and was told that the only solution was a repaint. The end result....a complete Ford factory paint job. I really wish I knew who threw eggs at my truck!!!

The Turtle Wax one isnt going to do anything, the pads arent avanced enough and it doesnt orbit fast enough.

There is a chance the paint may be irreparable, but its worth a try anyway. Eggs are really rough on paint...

Eight times out of ten you are SOL.
Eggs and paint DO NOT get along !!
Clay bar may help. It is well worth a shot, but I would not be too optimistic

I was super lucky... some punk a$$ kid threw egg on my car one night (early morning) Dad woke me at like 5 as he left for work and told me, so iimmediately cleaned it... did more damage to the driveway (staining) than to my car. i was fortunate.
--bryan

I got egged not that long ago myself and didnt notice it. I was out in the car with some customers and a guy rolled his window down and told me. I took to the carwash after our lunch and luckily it didnt stain. It was during the winter and the egg actually froze. I think it was this coupled with the fact that there's many layers of sealant on the car that saved me.

my cars been egged 2 times now! and both times they've used crappy eggs and have not stained! the #*^!& that threw them if i cathch them is going to get 2 dozen on his!

Wouldn't that be covered under vandalism on a good insurance policy?

Use Rubbing compound, it might take off a bit of paint, but it shouldnt be noticable. Try it in a disclosed area first, after that you'll need to polish the area you used the compound on. That stuff works maricals. Good Luck

Back