Got my mountaineer in an accident. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got my mountaineer in an accident.

On friday, i was driving on the highway, when the guy in front of me slammed on his brakes and traffic jsut stopped, i slammed on mine, couldn't stop in time, couldn't get around him, and my 00' mountaineer, hit his rental neon. My grille/grille shell cracked, bumper cracked and was pushed back (driver side front tire rubs on it when making right turns) my driver side front fender has a crease in it, and my hood has a dent in it. My bro and i will try to do all the work ourselves in fixing it. I intend on getting a new bumper, grille/grilleshell, and driver side fender. The dent in the hood, we are going to try to get out ourselves, and repaint. (We have air compressor, paint gun, and my brother has painted car parts before).
My question is, are mountaineer and explorer fenders the same? I know that the lights are not setup the same way, but i can not tell from pictures of the area of the fender, up by the grille, if the curve is the same. Also are explorer and mountaineer bumpers the same? I ask this becasue finding replacements parts for an explorer may be easier/cheaper to get than mountaineer parts.
thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe the fender curve is the same (expo5.0's conversion). The explorer grille/bumper may be cheaper - but a mounty grille is essentially what makes a mounty a mounty =)

Exact same fenders, glad you weren't hurt.

Thanks, are there any good places to get quality replacement parts for explorers/mountaineers? I know i could go to the dealer and order a fender/bumper/grille but dont want to pay their high price. I already looked on fordpartscheap.com Are there any more places i should check out?

Torrie at www.fordpartsnetwork.com He has OEM parts for less than dealer costs. He is also a site sponsor.

You could try a salvage yard, but it would be good to get new stuff.

What color bumper you need? I have one on my 00' im about to get rid of

Back