Got VIN today on Limited I ordered on 2/20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Got VIN today on Limited I ordered on 2/20

Asystole

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Have delivery date and VIN, but no build date or window sticker

So from order to VIN was 10 days (ordered on 2/20). Window sticker not available yet. Build is supposed to be second week of March, but no actual date, and no window sticker available.

I ordered a 2013 Limited, 302A, roof rack cross bars, all weather mats, sun roof, and DVD headrests.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford gave me a delivery to dealer date of 3/26, yet they have no build date, and I can't pull up a window sticker even though the VIN has been available for almost a week. Is this something to be concerned about?

...I can't pull up a window sticker even though the VIN has been available for almost a week. Is this something to be concerned about?
Asystole,

I checked on your order and there’s nothing to be concerned about. :):thumbsup:

I also replied to your last PM, so check your inbox for the good news.

Cory

Hey all. New to the forum......well new to posting. Been trolling for EX news for a few months. I ordered a 2012 EX Limited on 12/23/12. Was told on 1/9 it was an altered order for MY 13. Ok....I can deal with that.....but......It has been almost 11 weeks from the original order and still no word on anything! No VIN or estimated delivery time frame. Dealer has no idea of a possible delivery. I was told 8-10 weeks when I ordered. Cory has checked the last 4 weeks and.....nothing. I'm starting to wonder if it might take up to 5 MONTHS to delivery. I'm reading about Feb orders that already have a possible del. date.

Hey all. New to the forum......well new to posting. Been trolling for EX news for a few months. I ordered a 2012 EX Limited on 12/23/12. Was told on 1/9 it was an altered order for MY 13. Ok....I can deal with that.....but......It has been almost 11 weeks from the original order and still no word on anything! No VIN or estimated delivery time frame. Dealer has no idea of a possible delivery. I was told 8-10 weeks when I ordered. Cory has checked the last 4 weeks and.....nothing. I'm starting to wonder if it might take up to 5 MONTHS to delivery. I'm reading about Feb orders that already have a possible del. date.
Welcome to the Forum clindley. :wavey:
Don't forget that the plant shuts down for 2 weeks for the holidays. I ordered my 2011 on Dec. 20, 2010 and it was delivered to the dealer March 11, 2011. In addition to the holiday period I think you likely also got hit with the model year switch over. Just wonder if it was misplaced because it is very odd that Cory can't get any info on it.

Peter

I feel your pain. My 2012 that I ordered on 11/15 is getting built as a 2013 on 3/19. Without the gory details, try PM'ing Cory to see if your dealer has a stock order pending for a 2013 with exactly the same options as your 2012. Could be the dealer messed up and is trying to cover. From what I learned, 2012's were not able to be ordered after 12/8. Hopefully you have a deal in place from your original order. Your 2013 may have went up $300+ depending on options and the 2013 rebate is $500 (2012 rebate is $1000).

Good luck, I hope this turns out well.

Hey Clindey,

I feel your pain. I ordered my 2013 on Jan 9 and still have no confirmation or VIN, let alone a build date. It has been a very frustrating experience so far, especially seeing others who have ordered in the last few weeks already have delivery dates... Cory is great and found my order number in the system but I am unclear on the process as to why recent orders seem to get put ahead of orders placed in Dec. or Jan...

R2the J

Seems like a fairly quick process. Order went in on 3/6. Got a vin# today 3/9. Maybe delays are due to the options ordered. Mine's a 4wd limited w/302 loaded minus sunroof.

Back