Ordered 3/15 and got VIN # today! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered 3/15 and got VIN # today!

after a week of twice a day monitoring sites for our window sticker...we finally have one with a build date of 4/12!!! can't wait!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got my sticker last night as well! Like others I've been stalking the sticker site and was getting used to seeing the "requested VIN does not exist" blue text, when just out of curiosity, I clicked it around midnight last night and lo and behold, no link but a requestor showing a pdf download! woohoo!

I can't find the forum posting that tells you how to decipher the text at the top to tell your build date or other details. I did PM Seni but don't want to keep bugging her (as everyone notes, she's been great).

I just got my sticker last night as well! Like others I've been stalking the sticker site and was getting used to seeing the "requested VIN does not exist" blue text, when just out of curiosity, I clicked it around midnight last night and lo and behold, no link but a requestor showing a pdf download! woohoo!

I can't find the forum posting that tells you how to decipher the text at the top to tell your build date or other details. I did PM Seni but don't want to keep bugging her (as everyone notes, she's been great).

It is at the bottom right corner of your sticker...mine come up today as well and mine says 1201104135948 so build date will be 4/13/11! :D

Just got THE phone call the car is in... and my expected arrival date was the 14 so a week ahead of time!!!! awesome!!!!!

Seems strange how similar or close this story is to mine. Same color, options, and just like you I never drove one. Have owned lots of fords and I trust the quality. I can make final decission when I see and drive. If anything concerns me it is all the stories about computer problems. I have a build date of 4-11-11 and no delivery date yet. Thanks for all the interesting reading and information. Philip Odenweller

Your dealer or you can PM our resident Queen of Customer Service, Seni (FordCustSrvc). She'll need your order number and dealer code, which you can obtain from your dealer.

Gandalf,

Thanks for sharing the news!

calabrese94,

The information Gandalf provided is correct, an order number and dealer code is sufficient in order for me to track your order status.

~Seni

Build Week of April 18

Much like Steve W. I was also clicking on the website repeatedly during the day to get my sticker. Yo and behold, this morning pops up my sticker. So for ordering on 3/12 my Red Loaded Limited, received a VIN (thanks Seni) and now has a sticker as of 4/8, with a build date for the week of 4/18.

Just checking in on folks with the same order time. I ordered 3/15, got a VIN within 2 weeks and a build date of 4/12. I have been checking on Sync site and it still says my VIN is invalid but customer service confirmed this morning that it is in transit in PA, but there is no ETA?!

Just checking in on folks with the same order time. I ordered 3/15, got a VIN within 2 weeks and a build date of 4/12. I have been checking on Sync site and it still says my VIN is invalid but customer service confirmed this morning that it is in transit in PA, but there is no ETA?!
Ordered 3/18. VIN three weeks later on 4/8. Still no build date or window sticker. Seni believes I should be getting a build date in the next week or two. Here's hoping!

Back