• Register Today It's free!

Ordered 3/15 and got VIN # today!

klledoux

Reaction score
City, State
Mass
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Dealership thinks it'll have a build date first 10 days of April... Well I doubted he would have the vin to me so quickly so maybe I shouldn't doubt his ETA on the build!

How is everyone else around this order date doing?

Kim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered 3/18 and no word so far. Seni told me this past Monday (3/28) that my order was "properly processed", but to check back in a week or two.

Ordered 3/18 also and was told by Jamie that Order was CLEAN and check back in a week

I ordered 3/7 and received a Vin on 3/24 and have been told it has not been scheduled yet but should roll off the line sometime during the week of April 11!! Very excited!!

My $50,000 gamble

Up until now, all of my cars have been either Japanese, or more recently either M-B or BMW. Our 2003 Honda Pilot served us very well, but we wanted something new. Of course, my first inclination is to go with the Pilot again.

I then read reviews that said I should take a look at the 2011 Explorer. I'm glad I did. In fact, we put in an order March 4th, and I'm happy to say we just got the VIN, with a build date the week of April 11th! Now comes the obsessive refreshing of the VIN tracking page (which is currently blank....)

We ordered a Limited, in White, with the towing package, tech package (BLIS, etc), motorized 3rd row, polished alum wheels, dual moonroof and the inflatable seatbelts.

I should note: this is my first American car. I also bought the car sight unseen (no test drive!) as the 2011 Ex's are very rare in Vancouver, Canada, and no dealers have any on the lot to look at. We sat in a sold Ex last week and loved it, but I've not yet taken one out.

Gamble? Yes, but my deposit is fully refundable if I hate it on delivery (which I doubt). A bit worried the car is too wide for my wife coming from the Pilot (it'll be her car) but I hope the she'll get used to it quickly.

Am I nuts?

Up until now, all of my cars have been either Japanese, or more recently either M-B or BMW. Our 2003 Honda Pilot served us very well, but we wanted something new. Of course, my first inclination is to go with the Pilot again.

I then read reviews that said I should take a look at the 2011 Explorer. I'm glad I did. In fact, we put in an order March 4th, and I'm happy to say we just got the VIN, with a build date the week of April 11th! Now comes the obsessive refreshing of the VIN tracking page (which is currently blank....)

We ordered a Limited, in White, with the towing package, tech package (BLIS, etc), motorized 3rd row, polished alum wheels, dual moonroof and the inflatable seatbelts.

I should note: this is my first American car. I also bought the car sight unseen (no test drive!) as the 2011 Ex's are very rare in Vancouver, Canada, and no dealers have any on the lot to look at. We sat in a sold Ex last week and loved it, but I've not yet taken one out.

Gamble? Yes, but my deposit is fully refundable if I hate it on delivery (which I doubt). A bit worried the car is too wide for my wife coming from the Pilot (it'll be her car) but I hope the she'll get used to it quickly.

Am I nuts?

i don't think you are nuts. Similar with us, last three cars have been foreign (VW passat) we drove the ex and we loved it! FORD has really improved there product!

Am I nuts?

how are you tracking it with the vin?

Yes your nuts! Buy your wife a different car and keep the X for yourself!;)

I ordered mine on 3/18 and received my VIN on 3/25. No other info at this point.

@atbc: You can track your sticker at
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=x.. (replace x.. with your VIN). I think this shows its build progress.

@drober30: It's funny how tempted I am: I drive a 2009 M3 and the Ex is almost an opposite car, yet I'm really excited about driving it -- but my wife's afraid of the M so I guess I can't convince her to trade even for the first few weeks!

From order to VIN time seems to be a little faster than others mentioned (let's just see how the actual delivery goes). I hope ours gets the updated Sync alluded to in the autoblog article.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/30/fords-second-gen-sync-system-off-to-a-buggy-start/

I ordered mine on 2/25 and don't have squat for information.

Seni has offered to try to track it, so we'll see....

@SteveW25561 - I would feel safer driving in the X, especially around the Richmond area. Red lights and stop signs seemed to be optional. Can't tell you how many near misses I had last year when I was in Vancouver ;) LOL

@atbc: You can track your sticker at
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=x.. (replace x.. with your VIN). I think this shows its build progress.

@drober30: It's funny how tempted I am: I drive a 2009 M3 and the Ex is almost an opposite car, yet I'm really excited about driving it -- but my wife's afraid of the M so I guess I can't convince her to trade even for the first few weeks!

From order to VIN time seems to be a little faster than others mentioned (let's just see how the actual delivery goes). I hope ours gets the updated Sync alluded to in the autoblog article.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/30/fords-second-gen-sync-system-off-to-a-buggy-start/

i did that and i see my sticker but does it show a ship date on it?

I ordered on 3/7, no Vin, build date, nothing ... sigh.

Ordered mine on 2/22 recieved a VIN on 3/28, build week of 4/11. Cant come soon enough.

I ordered on 3/7, no Vin, build date, nothing ... sigh.

Hey maw1026,

My name is Seni with Ford Customer Service. I will be tracking order status' this afternoon. If you would like to send me your order number and dealer code, I would be more than happy to track yours as well. Please send that information via PM. Thank you.

Seni

THANKS TO SENI!!!!! ETA will be 4/14

I ordered mine on 2/25 and don't have squat for information.

Seni has offered to try to track it, so we'll see....

Hey Loganfilm,

I hope you received the PM I sent you. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you! :)

Seni

Dealership thinks it'll have a build date first 10 days of April... Well I doubted he would have the vin to me so quickly so maybe I shouldn't doubt his ETA on the build!

How is everyone else around this order date doing?

Kim

Kim and others,

I would be more than happy to track your orders for you. Please send a PM with your VIN and/or an order number and dealer code. Looking forward to assist you in this journey of waiting.

Seni

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seni,
Thank you so much for looking up my VIN for me today. I ordered my Red Ex Limited with every option on March 12th and now I have a VIN. Thanks again.

Back