• Register Today It's free!

Grant steering wheel hub?

Lynch

Reaction score
City, State
Akron, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Explorer Sport
Does anyone know of a steering wheel hub that will allow me to install a challenger series Grant steering wheel on my truck. No one seems to want to tell me since it's against the law to uninstall my airbag. :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah it really is.

But why install a different steering wheel?

Well, it's ugly, airbags kill people, & I don't feel like havin mine pop out when I go off-road.

I've never heard of Explorer air bags poppnig off road :D

Unless of course you hit a tree. But most trail carnage comes from the side - mostly during off camber situations. :confused: Where as the airbag sensor I believe is at the front closer to the left headlight (if i can remember correctly).

Well thanks. But regaurdless, I'm changing the steering wheel. Can anyone help me. If not, I'll just keep buying installation kits until I find one that I can make fit. I'll let you guys know.

Well good luck :D

I don't believe anyone makes a readily available adapter for your airbag equipped vehicle. As I believe it would allow more people to break federal laws.

Ryan

Does anyone know of a steering wheel hub that will allow me to install a challenger series Grant steering wheel on my truck. No one seems to want to tell me since it's against the law to uninstall my airbag. :rolleyes:
Did you ever end up finding one??

Back