Grenaded a Warn Manual Hub..how do I get it replaced? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Grenaded a Warn Manual Hub..how do I get it replaced?

Spdrcer34

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XL
I broke a Warn Manual Hub in my wife's Green Explorer.

How do I go about getting it replaced?

I went to their website, and I didn't find the info I was looking for.

What is the process? How long does it NORMALLY take to get a replacement sent to me?

Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Last time I checked (a few years ago), Warn wants you to take it back to where you bought it, with receipt, that store will then send it back to Warn, Warn will determine if they replace it. Don't know how long that takes, as I didn't do it. You're either without a hub that whole time, or have a spare to throw on, or shell out for a new one, and get reimbursed when and if Warn approves a replacement.

Best bet is to call Warn and ask them.

Ryan, Want to split a set? I need a spare.

Looks like we can get a pair for about $180 + tax,shipping, handling and whatever else they can tack on:rolleyes:

I haven't had to deal with Warn yet, but with my old Mile Markers, I just called them up. They sent me a new set of 2 and said they'd include instructions on how to send the broken one back after I got the new ones. They didn't tell me how to get the broken one back and I've never heard from them again... I figured out how to 'rebuild' the broken ones, then I grenaded one. So now I have 2 Warns and 3 MM for spares.

I bought mine NEW from an 'Authorized' Warn Dealer...online.

hmm..

I'll let you know how this goes..

I bought this from eBay user 'gakasap'. From what I can tell, he ONLY sells new off-road parts. A lot of WARN parts...

So I sent him this:

I bought a set of Warn Manual Hubs, and Spindle Nut Set for my 1993 Ford Explorer. from you here on eBay. Auction Ended with a BIN, on May 9, 2008. Auction number #280225358813. I have since broken one of the hubs, and need it replaced under warranty. How do I go about getting it taken care of..

Thanks,
Ryan Michelotti

I'll let you know what he says, and how it's handled.

Ryan

Installed Mile Marker manual hubs today

I have already gone through two stock auto hubs and finally realized they are junk. So I bought some M/M manuals today and I have to say they were a breeze to install. The best mod I've done so far. Is there anything I need to watch out for with these new hubs?

I don't know if they've redesigned them by now, but mine didn't engage fully. I took them apart after I popped the first one and only about 1/3 of the teeth actually were in contact. I 'rebuilt' them by flipping over the gear and stacked a couple washers under the engagement gear to make them fit farther together.

Best advice is to engage them before you need them and move the truck back and forth a few times to make sure they engage as far as possible.

I got an e-mail back from Garry's Automotive (aka gakasap on eBay). He was able to e-mail me the original sales receipt within minutes if me asking for it.

I also called Warn, and they e-mailed me a RGA on the hubs. They told me they had my hubs IN STOCK. They are just down in the Portland Area, and I am in the Seattle area. So they said turn around time for me is 2 days, to and from. Bad thing is, that they only swap them out in pairs. So I have to ride on the Stock AutoHubs for a few days.

Ryan

i need to go through my receipts and look for my slip for the Warns i bought from work. they dont keep any warranty info past 2 years in the computer, i might have to request a copy from the corporate office. i dont want to be out of town, bust a hub, and not be able to get it replaced.

I got an e-mail back from Garry's Automotive (aka gakasap on eBay). He was able to e-mail me the original sales receipt within minutes if me asking for it.

I also called Warn, and they e-mailed me a RGA on the hubs. They told me they had my hubs IN STOCK. They are just down in the Portland Area, and I am in the Seattle area. So they said turn around time for me is 2 days, to and from. Bad thing is, that they only swap them out in pairs. So I have to ride on the Stock AutoHubs for a few days.

Ryan

You need to find somebody else that's got a busted one that they didn't return so you can return two broke ones and keep a good spare. Or buy another set (or a set of cheaper ones like MileMarker) to have spares while you wait on those to be returned.

I shipped my Warn Manuals on Monday 2/9. I shipped them USPS Priority Mail. In the box was 1 good hub. 1 Blown Up Hub. 1 Copy of the receipt that Garry's Automotive E-mailed me. and 1 Copy of the Returned Merchandise Authorization from WARN. It was something like 9 dollars to ship it.

I come home today 2/13 and my brand new hubs are sitting in my living room.

VERY GOOD customer service all the way around. From Garry's Automotive (gakasap on eBay) to Warn, to USPS, and UPS...

Now, when I install a small 1.5" lift next week, I can have my new hubs installed too.

Ryan

Warn hub will not disengage

Hey guys new to the forum but not to Ford 4x4's. Currently have a 95 Ranger that the previous owner put Warn manual hubs on and one will now not disengage, tried cleaning & rebuilding it with no luck, any ideas?

I didn't purchase them so no warranty on it unless someone else has a bad one and is willing to send it in with there bad one. Otherwise I guess I'll install the autos from my old Explorer.

Appreciate any thoughts on fixing it as moneys tight, thanks.

How did you clean them? The recommended way is to fill them up with ATF, let soak, dump out and drip dry, and reinstall.

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

Removed the outside dial, pop'd the snap ring out and taped the end till the guts came out. Not that hard.

I would like to find an exploded view of one to see if I'm missing anything that might be causing the problem, all appears to be there.

Back