• Register Today It's free!

Grill Guard + Body Lift??

akcrogers

Reaction score
City, State
Fairbanks, Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer 4WD 4DR XL
Anyone manage to make a grill guard (specifically a Smittybuilt Ouland series) work with a body lift. My camera is full, but I'll take pictures tomorrow. Basically, the bracket bolts to the inside of the frame rails and drops down 4 or 5 inches. The brackets for raising the bumper for the body lift are only on the outside of the rails. It looks like I either need to fabricate a new grill guard mount that doesn't drop as far, or somehow put a bumper lift bracket on the inside and then put the bracket on that, but it looks like the bolts would be in the way.

Basically just wondering if anyone has tackled this before me, pictures would be great if so.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There have been threads here before about a BL with a grilleguard. Try searching. It can be done with a little fabricating.

Hey Matt, did you ever get your Manik grille guard? You could show a picture to akcrogers.

Not just yet.... Waiting for my bday in 2 weeks.... Anyway, my truck is at stock height. So I wouldnt be able to show pics of the brackets extended anyway.

Xfactor~ you have AIM?

AIM? What is that- some kind of chat line here?

AOL Instant Messager or just AOL

Nope. I spend enough time here as it is. If I do chats forget it, my wife would want to divorce me. She thinks I spend way too much time in front of the computer. :D

Download AOL Instant Messager from AOL.com..... its free and alot of other members have it. You can talk instantly instead of posting threads... its real cool.

Do they all keep the same user name? THAT would be cool?

You make up whatever name you want... If its not taken already of course... Alot of members here use that too.... You just have to get their AIM names... there is a thread some where here about it.

Originally posted by X-factor
Nope. I spend enough time here as it is. If I do chats forget it, my wife would want to divorce me. She thinks I spend way too much time in front of the computer. :D

really? my better half thinks i spend too much time under the truck!

sweet, great work on hijacking my thread! :D

I'll probably just get something fabbed up, but I haven't been able to find pics of anyone elses, and was hoping someone else had already done the hard work...

Sorry bout the jackin!! Actually, if I remember correctly, Digger196 has a 2nd generation with a BL and a brushguard. Maybe try PMing him. Good luck man.

Back