Grill w/surrounds price to good? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Grill w/surrounds price to good?

Just want some opinions on this deal. I am trying to get a new grill for my X so I can paint it the same color. I want to get rid of the chrome and I don't want to go through the hassle of peeling all the chrome tape off (my fingers still hate me fron the last one). I have nnoticed that most of the ones I come by are gel coated black and this one looks raw.....What do you guys think....I can't beat the price.

http://www.pershingauto.com/new-gray-grille-amp-bezels-9501-explorer-spor9501969798.html

No need for peeling, use sandpaper!

That's an ok price with shipping included, but it's not a factory part, and the fit and finish on aftermarket body stuff isn't always the same.

I'd suggest checking the For Sale forum on here, if you're looking for a grille painted a factory color, you might find someone parting their X out that has what you're looking for.

You could either paint your grille in the meantime, or trade/sell it to someone who wants a chrome grille for their painted one.

Mine has a small crack in it and I don't want to repair it. So I'm better off trying to find a used one. Boneyard here wants 150 for one and I refuse to pay that....guess I'll keep looking.

$150 :crazy:

The junkyard I goto charges $17-30...

Small town with 1 boneyard for 100 miles....he charges 10% less than Ford.

Back