• Register Today It's free!

grille guard on '94?

RajnCajun7

Reaction score
City, State
Shelton, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94
Hey everyone...got a question that i've searched for and asked about but can't get a straightforward answer. gotta a '94 explorer with stock fog lights mounted under the bumper (toward the center as opposed to the sides) and they shine through a cut out in the plastic air dam( that's what i think it's called).
I bought a pair of Hella 500s for mounting and i really want to mount them to a grille/brush guard. but of the few guards i find on ebay or other places online that say they fit '94 explorers, i don't know how the guard can mount when it seems that the fog lights are in the way of the bumper brackets. it'd be great if anyone can offer suggestions or guards they know of that work.....thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry guys, i just thought of another idea after i posted, do you think a carr light wing would fit on the '94 explorer and would do the trick for hella 500s? thanks

I have a '94 and had the airdam and purchased a Westin Grille Guard. I took the airdam off, because of all of the references I have seen that it not work with the grille gaurd. However, after installing the GG, i realized that the airdam could have stayed on. Just needed to drill two holes through the airdam for the GG bolts to go through.

Back