Grille Guards on 06-08 X's? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Grille Guards on 06-08 X's?

Ok, I finally got the grille guard from WAAG. The weather was half way decent so I went out and took some photos yesterday. I really like the look of this unit and I'll let you form your own opinion. Installation was pretty simple, but I did have to grind and file open, the slots in the frame, where the mounting bolts were inserted. Other than that, everything else was pretty straight forward.

2008-Ford-Explorer-WAAG-Grille-Guard-Installed-01.jpg

2008-Ford-Explorer-WAAG-Grille-Guard-Installed-02.jpg

2008-Ford-Explorer-WAAG-Grille-Guard-Installed-03.jpg

2008-Ford-Explorer-WAAG-Grille-Guard-Installed-04.jpg

I'm very happy with the grille guard, especially since this is a fully welded product and not a bolt together like the one I was going to buy from GoRhino. I have never been a fan of bolt together grille guards.

-Michael

I'm bringing this one back from the dead -

I've tried searching all over the internet for a push bar style grille guard, but haven't been very successful. I can only find the Westin bull bar style grille guards. Does anyone know where I can buy a push bar style? I've looked at that RespondersPSE.com site and clearly it has existed at one point, but it seems like everyone dropped 4th gen to move on to the newer gen Explorer. :(

I'm bringing this one back from the dead -

I've tried searching all over the internet for a push bar style grille guard, but haven't been very successful. I can only find the Westin bull bar style grille guards. Does anyone know where I can buy a push bar style? I've looked at that RespondersPSE.com site and clearly it has existed at one point, but it seems like everyone dropped 4th gen to move on to the newer gen Explorer. :(
http://www.truckgeardirect.com/?ITEMID=GF-507

Back