Driveway flexing!
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Monsterneer
Callsign
KI6MCO
Does anyone know what happens if you use Torque Monster GT40P headers on GT40 heads? Is there a spark plug wire problem with this combo?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It will work just fine.
I have bolted them up
I have a p engine in my 88 BII
I built a 84 Ranger for a friend we used a gt40 engine
The very first set of TMH for a TTB conversion truck were made for my 88 BII and eventually replaced by Torque monster as he updated his design. I was the guinnea pig. Robert wanted the headers back, I asked him what for? He was going to cut them up.
I begged Robert or Torque Monster to let me keep them, I promised never to sell.......he let me!!
So a few years later I gave them to my buddy and we used them on his 84 Ranger build, ATK 360 HP 302/4r70w/np205twin stick
In the shop we mocked them up to a gt40 head, also the atk aluminum heads, still in the truck now.

You will want 45 degree boots and careful routing of the wires
Otherwise they bolt directly on

Great, thanks for the reply. I wonder why he just doesn't make them all that way?

Well he does actually because they will work on p and non p heads you just have to plug the egr port on the non p heads. It is a popular misconception that they are not swappable, but anyone who has tries comes to the same results as me, it just requires boots with 45 degree angle

FYI I run Torque Monsters and found that Autozone has good wires with heat shields and socks.

FYI I run Torque Monsters and found that Autozone has good wires with heat shields and socks.
I have seen this on a couple threads. Are these just the normal ones for this normal application? These:

Duralast Wireset 4706

yikes
spend all that time and $$$ on TMH and install cheapo wires?
I would run stock or better
I run Taylor Spiro 8.8 wires they have been awesome for many many miles and years........these wires hold up and perform

Back