Can TMH's built for aluminum heads fit gt40's? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can TMH's built for aluminum heads fit gt40's?

J

JCase

Will Torque Monster Headers that were built with the flange to fit aftermarket aluminum heads fit onto gt40/gt40p's? Just wondering if they are backward compatible by chance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If they fit aluminum aftermarket, they fit the gt-40s. The gt-40ps have straight angled plugs, and wont fit unless you grind the flange a little.

Which aftermarket heads? TrickFlow 170 and 185, FRPP GT40X, AFR 165 and 185 all should work with any header that works for the GT-40 heads from what I can see elsewhere. I think the edelbrock ones are different IIRC. At least, from what I can recall, Turdle had to have a different flange welded on to use them.

Your best bet is to ask the seller or the manufacturer of your heads whether or not they will fit a set of headers made for whatever head.

Most after-market 5.0 -351W heads have holes drilled to match 95-earlier mustang. GT40P heads, and torquemonster headers are unique, the headers made for aftermarket heads will NOT FIT!!

I had to ship my set of headers back to Bob, he had to weld on the aftermarket flange so they would fit My Edelbrock heads. Been there.

So, if you have that set of headers, or one like it, they will not fit factory heads.

Edit--
You can "make them fit" but they may have a lot of port protrusion, meaning the flange will be blocking off some of the port.

Thanks for the input guys.

Damn. I know someone who's selling a brand new set still in the box for $700, but they have the flange for aluminum/aftermarket heads. Looks like I'm back in line with everybody else. :D

If anyone wants his number, just PM me.

Back