Gulches ORV in SC (was Durhamtown) | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gulches ORV in SC (was Durhamtown)

Lol so you planning on coming in 2 weekends?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Me? Maybe, that's still up in the air. Starting to look like no, but I'll decide on Friday

I was askin ranger but hopefully your no can turn into a yes

I plan on coming but my weekends are never set in stone with work since I work construction. I'll know probably the Wednesday or Thursday the week of. I dont think I'll make the Friday but Saturday and Sunday should work.

Ok so the plan is to leave Clemson about 330 putting me at the gate around 430 on Friday. The club only plans on staying til Saturday night but I may stay through Sunday too. Hope to see some people there!

As of right now I'm looking like a no. What I'm hoping for is that we finish our current job tomorrow and boss man decides to start next job Monday rather than Saturday.

Hopefully he's willing to wait. If not I'm sure there'll be more trips there

You gonna be able to make it?

i wont be able to:/. i think there is another meet up there in a week or two called gulchfest. then there is another huge thing up at uwharrie in a few weeks. i might check out the uwharrie meet.

Unfortunately I couldn't make it this weekend due to work. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye out for future trips there and other parks that aren't to far from me. On a side note how was the trip? Take any pictures?

Yup! Brushed a tree just above the rear wheel and scraped the paint but other than that made it. I was flexed wayyyy out at the top there. It was a fun trip but a lot of rigs broke one thing or another. Including the yota truggy with an exocage. He ended up doing a backflip that didnt break anything except bend the cage a little. Later that night he broke a king air shock seperated the 3rd member on his rear diff and cracked the axle and twisted the diff so its pointing straight up. No one knows how it happened though and they dont remember :eek:

You can see the scrape a little bit in the first pic.

-EAE6-4965-A9D9-1E654F75FF1B-7547-0000083239C8A6E6.jpg

This is about half the rigs as we headed back. I took the back since I was the only one that could safely go more than 45 mph.............. Took forever to get back but got great gas mileage lol.

-5255-4E39-919F-408509A29B2F-7436-000008286B120DB7.jpg

-6D09-46EE-AE7C-14AE10C316C4-7436-00000828762B2BF8.jpg

I dont have any other pics but someone's bound to post them on Facebook and I can get them from there. Also I towed a Raptor 350 on a trailer and the truck did great, no strain at all really, granted it only weighs like 900lbs.

Looks like a fun group. Sucks about the scrape but it's bound to happen. It's really nice to be able to drive home, though.

I dont have any other pics but someone's bound to post them on Facebook and I can get them from there.

That's where I got the pictures of our trip. I took a couple with my phone but not they're not great.

There were 2 other Tjs, 2 JKs an LJ and a yota in addition to the pic. They all ranged from stock to crazy built.

Back