Gulches ORV in SC (was Durhamtown) | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gulches ORV in SC (was Durhamtown)

I like that idea

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I HIGHLY doubt her dad would come, it's already stretch to say I'm coming and then she's coming with me. And it's a tacoma, he's smart enough to not buy that ugo tundra. Anyways, already know what the yota would do. It'd impress everyone till something breaks and or gets a plastic bumper ripped off. :D

I HIGHLY doubt her dad would come, it's already stretch to say I'm coming and then she's coming with me. And it's a tacoma, he's smart enough to not buy that ugo tundra. Anyways, already know what the yota would do. It'd impress everyone till something breaks and or gets a plastic bumper ripped off. :D

Easy on the breakage comments ;)....been there lol.

Haha seriously. I wheel with a couple Yotas. Granted theyre older but they are good trail trucks.

I am off that Sunday, too. Well, I have a meeting at 8:30pm, but basically off. Definitely can't make it Friday.

Still leaning toward just a day at Durhamtown, though. There are a few guys lined up. I'll have a better idea that week.

Either place will be fun. Plus if you do end up at Durhamtown, we'll know for sure what its like for trucks.
On a side note, apparently a guy just opened a small park not too far from Clemson and he invited the club to come out and run the trails to get all the leaves/loose crap off the trails for free. I'm trying to go there this Sunday. Hopefully it'll be decent.

Durhamtown would work better for me (obviously) and maybe we can even get Rodney's yota out there. Plus I could bring the dirt bike and do some moto. Anyone else ride? Durhamtown has motocross, supercross, and single track. I think they are opening a firing range to? It might be a different track though

I haven't actually been to durhamtown yet (I know, sad) but I'm under the impression it's not a great 4x4 truck place. More motorcycle oriented.

Which is why the original trip was changed to Gulches but we still want to know what d-towm is like.

And that's why I'm willing to make a 45 minute drive to be a guinea pig.

http://www.durhamtownoffroad.com

Looks a little hard core for my little 2wd :( I'm gonna race this Sunday, I'm not sure where yet but if I go to durhamtown I'll try to get a look at the 4x4 area for you guys. Want videos?

http://www.durhamtownoffroad.com

Looks a little hard core for my little 2wd :( I'm gonna race this Sunday, I'm not sure where yet but if I go to durhamtown I'll try to get a look at the 4x4 area for you guys. Want videos?

That'd be awesome.

Off the wall question but do you happen to know Richard Sheriff?

Not at all.
Looks like I'ma race Durhamtown, I'm gonna call tomorrow though and make sure the rates are right and I know they are actually holding a race (with a class I can race in)

videos are always a plus. If you do end up racing, good luck

Thanks, I'm not going to win though :D I haven't raced a real motocross track in FOREVER, add in the fact I've never raced there and it's a done deal. Maybe I can still get the hole shot :) always been pretty good at starts, although I was better on the 2 stroke. The thumper likes to lift the front wheel up way to high.
Offtrac, do you have a winch? I don't like straps and looking at those pics I'd prob get stuck. But who knows, might pull one of you guys out :D

He doesnt but Ranger93 does if he decides to come. Straps work well in most cases... ahem... except long mud pits parallel to the trail and a tree in the way :D

He doesnt but Ranger93 does if he decides to come. Straps work well in most cases... ahem... except long mud pits parallel to the trail and a tree in the way :D

Funny. He's got jokes, lol. I'll do my best to avoid something like that again.

We're going up that damn trail next time.

Well I aint going to durhamtown tomorrow. Guess its a farther drive then I thought :D I donnno about you, but work till 11pm on sat and then getting up at 4am on sun to race just seems stupid.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Get the 4x4 back in working order?

Fixed it today actually. Shaft got here Tuesday and I went today to pick up a u-joint, installed and ready to wheel. I plan to try that trail again and possibly the one shooterdude's friend tried in his jeep......tried being key word lol. :D

Back