Gulches ORV in SC (was Durhamtown) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gulches ORV in SC (was Durhamtown)

01STrunner

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greer, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 SAS'd Sport Trac
After asking around the trip will be changed to Gulches ORV Park in SC now so that there are more variety of trails that trucks can go on instead of just dirt bike and atv trails.

Offtrac and I have been throwing the idea of getting a trip to Durhamtown plantation in northern GA for a while. We really don't have any dates planned out but kinda leaning towards mid august. Anyone interested post up!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably not unless you push the date farther back. Maybe over winter break? Otherwise I'ma probably be to broke :(

Interested. :D

Any time in the first couple weeks of August would work best for me. The more I thought about it, though, I could take off even after classes start so I'm a little more flexible than that.

There's two trails and an obstacle course for 4x4s and trails for ATVs, UTVs, side by sides and dirtbikes. I haven't been but from what I've read on their forum and others, it is possible to run these trails in a stock vehicle. Still fun for the buggies, too, so I figured somewhere in between I will fit in. Linked for the 4x4 parks. http://www.durhamtownoffroad.com/

Also some fishing. I'm basically interested in the trails but thought I'd throw it out there. These guys have been putting a lot of effort and money into this place and from what I hear from a buddy that's race MX his whole life all over the country, said it's a nice place.

Also worth considering, they have cabins that are cheap and all different sizes. Linked.
http://www.durhamtown.com/Cabin.htm

Well if we go I gotta bring the dirt bike, off trac you ride?

Sad to say I never got into it. The few times I've been on two wheels have been...well, eventful. I'm probably going to invite my friend that rides, though. He was highly ranked for a while but got out of it competitively in college for a few different reasons.

Ok, weekend of Aug. 3/4 is definitely a no go for me. I have a wedding. Glad I ran this past my wife first. :D

That's te weekend of truck nationals which is where I'll be so no big blow there. I'm with you on being mostly interested in the trails as well. I thought there was more than just 2 orv trails though which is kinda disappointing. I'm thinking the weekend of the 18th would work best for me.

Colin - glad to see you in this thread. Sorry I missed you leaving from Stacey's last weekend.

It's cool, pretty sure I was sleeping :D couldn't sleep worth a crap till the night I left. For whatever reason I slept really good in the parking deck and the air mattress didn't get flat?
Btw durhamtown is really more motocross than truck. Havnt gone down there yet though and been wanting to. I usually stick to highland park (ride there for free)

sounds cool. like i posted before i wouldnt wheel but i got friends that would definitely be interested in wheeling. i was about to say gulches since there are so many different trails but you cant wheel 2wd's. (darn) lol

It's cool, pretty sure I was sleeping :D couldn't sleep worth a crap till the night I left. For whatever reason I slept really good in the parking deck and the air mattress didn't get flat?
Btw durhamtown is really more motocross than truck. Havnt gone down there yet though and been wanting to. I usually stick to highland park (ride there for free)

Haha thats weird since you didn't do anything to fix it.
I'll have to look more into the trails then cus I definitely want some truck trails.

sounds cool. like i posted before i wouldnt wheel but i got friends that would definitely be interested in wheeling. i was about to say gulches since there are so many different trails but you cant wheel 2wd's. (darn) lol

I've been to Gulches once and really liked it a lot. Only thing is that it's in the middle of SC so a good hike for a lot of people.

ive never been to either of them but from all of my wheeler friends they love gulches. ive heard they have very easy trails to some of those "you know youre gonna break something" trails. but either way itd be cool to see.

I know allot of people that love Durhamtown , My brother from Ill brings my Niece and Nephew down here to Ride there around thanksgiving time before they Start Snocross Season , I've heard its pretty cool for dirtbikes Atv and utv's , But not Much for 2wd or Lightly modified 4x4 , they do have a mud pit , and as well I heard they had a Dirt Drag setup but Never have been yet , I'd love to go if I can get me a Trailer and some spare parts , I Wheel my rig a Little Too Hard Sometimes !

Hmm are there any other orv parks around that area?

Not Sure to be honest , I'm going to be looking it up later tonight , I Have Some Mods that need to be done to my Rig Asap , I Leak haha

Mid Carolina Jeepers did a club trip to Durhamtown earlier this year. There isn't a lot for trucks, but they're cutting in new trails. We ran Slippery Nipple twice and had a blast, then played around on some hills because its a lot of clay and was soaked. When I go back, I'd like to take the 4wheeler to see the rest of it.

Hmmm. If we have a bunch of trucks going, maybe durhamtown isn't the best choice. But I'm alright with going there anyway. Just depends on what everyone that can go thinks.

I go to Gulches regularly. There's something for everybody and it you pick a weekend when there are some big buggies in the park it's fun to watch them attack Skinny Pedal Ridge.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I go to Gulches regularly. There's something for everybody and it you pick a weekend when there are some big buggies in the park it's fun to watch them attack Skinny Pedal Ridge.

True. I wheeled there when I was stock and had a blast along with my friend in a stock 4 cyl jeep. It is fun to watch the buggies that are there almost every weekend.

Back