Gulches ORV in SC (was Durhamtown) | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gulches ORV in SC (was Durhamtown)

I just reserved campsite 1. Its on the river near a swimming hole and its big. It'll hold 4 or 5 trucks and the people in them and tents. I plan on showing up around 1 on Friday so and plan on leaving sometime Sunday. Since the site is so big we don't need to reserve any more sites until we get more than 4 trucks for sure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i can still take off work. but as far as i know thats the week of classes i believe for me. i still may be able to go. like i said before though i really dont know if id be allowed to wheel. what are we talking when it comes to payments? and no real interest on the ranger-forums

Great. Thanks for taking care of that. I'll probably be there around the same time unless I get the new job I'm trying for. If I get it, it'd be later in the evening, like 9 or 10pm. I'll bring cash.

It's $10 a night for a campsite. It's $50 for fri- sun wheeling and $5 per rider. We could divide the camping cost once we get there I guess.

Look forward to seeing you guys there. By the way they don't technically open til 3 but Skip (the owner) said he'd have someone open the gate at 1 for us.

ok cool. i wonder if hed let me atleast take my truck to the campsite lol. if i go if yall dont mind i might just ride with one of yall.

I'm sure theyd let you drive to the site. They're really easy going there.

Also they have an industrial air compressor for anyone wondering so no worries about airing down

Great. I can air down but the compressor I have is a HF for-emergencies-only one that fits in the rear storage, lol.

OBA is definitely on my wishlist. Since I cant fit a spare under the bed, I think I'm going to try to box in a compressor there. JD, a guy on here has a 1st gen ex he did that with and works awesome. But this is one place you dont have to worry about that

I've been thinking the same thing. Wouldn't be hard to do, just gotta have the funds.

Yeah... just... lol
I got my university bill this week so goodbye project money

This weekend is coming up pretty fast. Kind of want to get a count of the trucks going so if we need to we can reserve another site.

Positive so far:

01STrunner
Offtrac

Shooter are you going to venture out for this one?
GJarrett hows the build coming?
Ranger93 still able to come up?

Offtrac is your buddy still bringing his Jeep?

Sweet that makes 3 of us for sure

One of my buddies is on a bring his jeep so if shooter comes to the site that'll make 5 of us at the site. If someone else wants to take their truck we'll have to reserve another site.

Two Tracs, two Jeeps. Sounds fun.

You bringing fishing gear? I figured I'd throw a line in if given the chance.

Probably not. I'd have no place to put it at school. Tiny apts and lots of stuff doesn't really work lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, I'd have had to borrow stuff from my father-in-law anyway. I left all mine at my parents' since I only really ever fish with my dad and that's maybe once every couple years.

Gonna need firewood? I can probably fit a little in the bed.

My new tent (left my old one with parents as well) came in a few days ago. Gonna do a checkup on the truck tomorrow since it's my last day off before leaving. May bring a hitch mounted winch if anyone thinks we may need it (with my father-in-laws approval which shouldn't be an issue). I'll have an air down tool if anyone needs to borrow it. A couple straps and tree savers. Big cooler I probably won't fill completely. Anything else I should bring?

Got the first time registration form filled out and the cash set aside so I don't spend it on something else.

Back