• Register Today It's free!

Halo Fog Lights

zach.stov

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i used them with great success, i just hated running traditional headlights and contemporary projector fog lights. the light dispersment was amazing, i removed mine when i installed my billet grills over the fog lights anyways. Go for it bud.

Thanks - Just ordered them. I'll post some pics when I get them installed :)

I am interested in how these work out as well. Looking forward to your pics and opinion!!

;):thumbsup:

BUMP - For an update. :dunno:

Any update?

i used them with great success, i just hated running traditional headlights and contemporary projector fog lights. the light dispersment was amazing, i removed mine when i installed my billet grills over the fog lights anyways. Go for it bud.

Zero, I'm thinking about getting these. My intention is to use the halo for DRL's. How is the light output of the halo? Is it strong enough to be used as DRL's?

Thanks, Rondo

Mine had two LED's that fired in opposite directions inside of a clear housing, it was bright, but i dont think it would have been very noticable from a distance. I believe there is a set out there now that has CCFL tubes, and there is another one that has a ring of LED's too. One of those would be a great choice for DRL's.

Thank you sir. :thumbsup:

X3!

I planned on ordering these awhile back. I finally got the black headlights+Corners coming with a 8k HID kit. Next week going to order the fogs if a picture ain't up by then I will post one.

i thinking this guy went off the grid. I managed to find some pictures on my photobucket from the early stages of my modding. Heres a couple for you, sorry they arnt as taylord as you might expect! the last one is of how she is sitting now.. Minus the 2inch drop and short-n-stubby black antena.

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

30326_118852048154878_34319_n.jpg

Nice pics. Are the halo's illuminated in the first pic?

no sir, I had them tied into my parking lights. I may still have these laying around my shed, let me see if i can find them. If i can ill plug them into a 12v batt and take a picture.

Thanks!! :thumbsup:

zerodevil, I just ordered these fogs: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251166830689?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Do you have any info about the connector on the back? My Ex didn't come with fogs from the factory, so I have no connectors to plug in. I'm guessing the the connector is for the fog light and the wires are for the halo. :dunno:

Wiring in a connector is no problem, I just need to know what connector to use:

HaloFogsCustom.jpg

Thanks - Rondo

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its the same plug style as the one that plug into your high and low beams, and yes those two extra wires are for the HALO system. If you have any extra HID relay harnesses laying around they have that connector on them. I would just snip the connector off of the harness and wire it in as desired. You can find those HID harnesses just about anywhere (hell i might have a few laying around fyi) for pretty cheep. You could also run to the vehicle graveyard and rip some off of a dead explorer chasis if you wanted. Let me know if you have more questions.

I replaced the plugs for the HALO wires with ones i purchased at my local Orielys for like 5$ just to make sure i was getting a good seal.

Back