Harrisonburg, VA- January | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Harrisonburg, VA- January

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

WOW, i guess i do need a swift kick in the nuts, but we'll not be doing that!!!! I'll have to take another look after work when i have some more time, thanks!

Happy trailes!!

Darn you Gerald, I just can't get rid of you now can I. :D Hows the job front on you're end? It looks so, so still here, but I'm hoping to have some interviews here withen a few weeks. Money's getting REALLY short so the job is needed. I'm sure you know what I mean. Hows' your kid? I hope everythings going good for you. I know that I'm looking forward to hitting a few trails out here, and if it's not GWF it's for sure going to be Wellsville. Found out I go right through there on my way to Wal-Mart. :D Lucky me.

Hope to see ya soon.
Lee

First of all, better late than never, Happy New Year everyone. :)

Lee, Gerald: What kind of job are you looking for? Maybe somebody on this board knows someone who ... you never know ;)

2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!

Happy trailes!!

Ok are there any large stream/river/(insert body of water here) crossings out there?

I was just thinking about that and about my unfortunate "incident" over the summer and I would like to avoid them as much as possible.

There was a creek last time. It was a whopping ~1' deep. :eek: :rolleyes:

Hehe ok sounds good. Just a last minute thought.

well I'm 100% going and I think ill be gettin up there saturday morning. My girl dosn't want to drive all the way back home that night after spending the entire day in the Ex. So I'm about 99.999% sure I'll be doin some wheelin on sunday too.

If the ex ever makes it out of the trannie shop I'll be puttin on a mild shackle and spacer lift. Hopefully about 1 1/2 inches. Then Ill be goin for the main lift when taxes come back.

If you don't mind a late commer... i should be good to go. I am in richmond and a chance like this is hard to pass up. I am starting a new job next week so that would be the only conflict. I'll say i am 75% sure.
I have a 91 2wd with 3" body, shackles/spacers and 32's. I'll get some directions and i'll let yall know when i find out my work schedule.
Later
Chris

2 wheel drive

Do you have a locker or limited slip or anything?
Make sure you have tow points front and rear and all should be okay.

Just to update, I don't think i'll be riding the trail in my x. The parents don't want it to go offroad. :mad: I was looking forward to going so maybe i'll drive up and ride with one of you. ;) ;) Anyone got an open seat?

My Plan

Ok here it is.

Jan 19th meeting at 9:45am at McDormans Store in Rawley Springs.

10am head out to Old Long run road

I plan to run Old Long Run, Down Second mtn (still trying to find status of the gate- if its closed Ill reroute) , probably stop and eat at the power lines on the way down second mtn, back to pavement for a short hop to the start of a trail next to the Dry River, and then with time and interest we can run Kephart Run

The meeting point is 12 or so miles west of Harrisonburg, on rt 33w. It is a little store on the left- the only one with gas pumps. The store does not take credit cards so if you need fuel get it on 33 in or right outside Harrisonburg, plenty of places. Mc Dormans has Sandwiches, Sodas etc if you forget lunch like I usually do

Dress appropriately, it will be colder there than where you are- most likely. Come prepared, gassed up and ready to go, a lunch to eat on the trail, drinks etc. Once we leave in the am, we wont pass a store until the ride home.

You wont need much for this ride, but CB would be good.

I would like everyone to update their attendance the Thursday and Friday before, so I know who to wait for. Im looking forward to seeing some Explorers on the trail!!

See you soon.

NC-X shouldnt be a problem to find you a ride, I should have room.

Good deal, sounds like we've got her whipped! Steve, not that this matters but if we do decide to take the Kephart Run then what time do you see us getting back on the road? I'm probably staying the night but some people may have a drive home after that.

I'm looking forward to seeing some X's too, hope everyone is as excited as i am!

Happy trailes!!

Sounds good

If somebody wants to convoy from Richmond on, let me know. We could meet at 7:30 at the I-64 rest stop of Gum Springs.

NC-X: there should also be an open seat in my vehicle, but you will not get an Explorer feel ;)

Jot017: It's possible to take a shortcut back to rt 33 after Old Long Run, the transfer Second Mtn - Kephart is on rt 33 so no problem to drop out earlier for the people who have to leave. I will need to be heading back by about 5 PM; some friends are having a B-day party that evening which would be a shame to miss :cool:

time off trail

Jot,

Im one of the ones who will head back after the run, Im three hours out, so I want to leave by 4ish maybe earlier , which means 5 if you ask my wife:). It will depend though on the number of trucks and weather etc.

Re: time off trail

Originally posted by SteveVB
...so I want to leave by 4ish maybe earlier , which means 5 if you ask my wife:).

:confused: women ... :confused: mine told me exactely the same :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey donkey, i'll meet up with ya there, just as long as you tell me exactly where it is... I'm not exactly sure where you are talking about. As far as my rear-end, i believe it is a posi (not really sure though). And I am going to put the rear tow hook on today or tomorrow.

Chris

Back