Harrisonburg, VA- January | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Harrisonburg, VA- January

well yall...im not gonna get my lift on before GW. JCWhitney messed up the special order and sent me jeep shackles. like what in the world would i want with a jeep. :frustrate

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know this changes everyday so lets hope they aren't to far off because it looks like perfert Dead Link Removed for wheeling!! Getting my hopes up!

Happy trailes!!

IT"S GOING TO BE MUDDY!!:bounce: :D

I'm not sure but I should be staying at Comfort Inn. I'm trying to be up there around 6pm Fri night.

I have a question. What time are ya'll planing stoping on Sun?

Aight ya'll have a good one.

Originally posted by GJarrett
Okay I'm still umemployed so I'll be the first to arrive and the last to leave, but.... I haven't made resv anywhere. I'm looking for anyone willing to go cheap and split a room and save money - unemployed bums need to be frugal. :D

How about it? No snorers, please :rolleyes:

Great that you can make it, Gerald! Which route are you taking? Up I-77/I-81 or through Richmond?

MUD, YEAH

Man i'm excited, good question about the stop time on sunday. I'm still about 50% probably closer to 90% to be honest because i'm not going to want to drive 4 hours back home on saturday night, so i guess go ahead and count me in for a short run on sunday. I'd like to get out of there around 1 or 2 if that's what you all had in mind. The only thing i was waiting around for is that my dad gets points through holiday inn when he stays for work and he just got back from PA and he knows he has enough points for one free night and hopefully in the next couple of days he will know if he has enough for the second night, saves me a lot of money since i'm in college which means i'm broke!

Happy trailes!!

Hey folks, I have been looking for a place to meet up Friday evening for those of us who want:chug:

As I remember there are a few restaurants right at the exit where most will be staying. I can't remember any names though. I checked on other places and came up with 3 that might work. Alstons Public @ 1950 Deyerle Ave., Goodtimes Rest & Nightclub @ 150 E Wolfe St. and Mainstreet Bar & Grill @ 153 S Main St. They all are with in 2 miles of I-81. I don't know anything about any of the places other than what I have seen on the web and what each place told me. Mainstreet has a web site and it looks more like a dance club w/ticket sales. Alstons Public local band on the 18th w/ $6 cover, beer only. Goodtimes - out of business:( .

Or we could meet at one the motels where someone is staying, then decide where to go. I think we at least need a meeting plan. I for one don't know any of you folks....yet!

Rick

Paul, that's great news. I can't wait to meet up again. It's been a long time, hasn't it?

Jason and I will be roomies but I haven't made resv yet. Can someone list all the motels at that intersection so I can start calling/shopping for rates and make a resv?

I have no idea yet the route I will take; I haven't even looked at a map yet. I'll probably figure that out sometime this weekend.

I'll meet up with anyone Friday night too. If no one knows a good place for sure that is open, then it might be better to meet up at the lobby of one of the hotels and then make a decision and go from there. Whatever is planned works for me and I'll be there.

The Days Inn had the best rates, $45 for a room with two double beds. That's where we're staying. Here's the info. I booked thru Expedia.com

Cost and traveler summary Room/unit rate
( Room is quoted for 2 adults. )
2 adults , 1 child
Child age: 3 Daylight Savings Promotion Rate Limited Time Only Book Now! Thank You for Choosing Days Inn Non-smoking Room Has 2 Double Beds Combines Days Inn Quality and Convenience Thank You for Choosing Days Inn $45.00 per night
Taxes may or may not be included in total

Total amount $45.00
This room/unit is only guaranteed for 2 adults. Contact the lodging directly to check availability and charges for extra guests.
This lodging may add service fees or charges for optional incidentals (such as minibar snacks or telephone calls) upon check-out. The price you selected does not include these costs.
You have chosen not to make a hotel room deposit. Some hotels require a deposit. Contact the hotel directly to ensure a deposit is not required.

Hotel summary
Fri 18-Jan-02 (1 night)

Days Inn Harrisonburg

1131 Forest Hill Road
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22801
United States of America
Check in: Fri 18-Jan-02
Check out: Sat 19-Jan-02

For reservation questions and other information call:
Tel: +1 (540) 433-9353 Fax: +1 (540) 433-5809

Hotel class: Read more about these accommodations.

Rate information:
45.00 USD PER NIGHT STARTING 18JAN FOR 1 NIGHTS 45.00 USD TOTAL RATE STARTING 18JAN FOR 1 NIGHT. . .

Cancellation and changes:
CHANGE OR CANCEL BEFORE 4PM

Extra guests
Availability of accommodations for extra guests is not guaranteed by Travelscape, Inc. or Expedia, Inc.. Contact the lodging directly to check availability and charges for extra guests.
Per extra adult: Charges may apply
Per extra child: $0.00 No charge

Originally posted by GJarrett
[BI have no idea yet the route I will take; I haven't even looked at a map yet. I'll probably figure that out sometime this weekend.[/B]
From what I'm seeing on the map, your best way would be to take I-85 to I-77 to I-81. I-81 runs through both Radford and Roanoke. RU MAN will be coming from Radford and I'll be coming from Roanoke and we are planning to meet somewhere around Roanoke. Want join the caravan?

Another thing, what (CB) channel do you guys want to be on? That way Saturday morning we all be on the same one as we are arriving.

Anyone object to... 27? (random number off the top of my head)

27 sounds good to me. ill be hollerin at ya next saturday mornin

For the ones who have not done a hotel reservation yet: The Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley in New Market costs 46.80 (+tax) a night.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by yob_yeknom:
Another thing, what (CB) channel do you guys want to be on? That way Saturday morning we all be on the same one as we are arriving.

Anyone object to... 27? (random number off the top of my head).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the last runs we used I think channel 4. Whatever channel is fine with me though, we just need to agree on one :D

5 Days to Go !!

Hadn't checked the list of attendees lately, but as Gerald stated, I think my vehicle is "capable" - - 5" suspension lift, 33" Goodyear MT/Rs, ARBs front and rear, and other mods ("Blah, blah, blah . . . ")

Am up for the run on Sunday as well, as previously mentioned.

Since someone mentioned getting together Friday night for a couple of beers, I may head up there Friday afternoon . . . this would impact meeting at the rest area outside of Richmond with Chris and Mike on Saturday morning - - maybe it's just my fear of Rest Areas and picking up a hitchhiker trying to hawk "7 Minutes Abs" . . .

". . . You know Ted, Rest Areas are the meeting place of many, many gay men - - they're the bath houses of the nineties . . ."

TSAM

Paul
'91 Sport

". . . You know Ted, Rest Areas are the meeting place of many, many gay men - - they're the bath houses of the nineties . . ."

haha!!

Happy trails

Bad news guys. Started my new job today and they need me to work on Sat. So unless something comes up (like a mirical), I'm out. It'll be great if I can find some way to get off, but ya know with a new job and all I don't want to start off on the wrong foot. Maybe next time....

Chris

Sunday run??

Well, i for sure have my monday night room booked at Holiday Inn Express. Didn't have enought points for a second night free so i won't be staying there cause it's like $80 a night. My buddy who is riding with me checked on some rooms for saturday night and he found some for like $47 JD said but i think we have decided to see what the weather is like before we book a room for sunday. If it is pooring the rain saturday night then we might not stay, but then again i'm not going to feel like driving home in the rain for 4 freaking hours. I would really love to tell you 100% for sunday but i'm still not sure. I'm looking forward to going, looks like it is going to be muddy, so it should be a blast. Going to bring the camera and the video camera for sure. I'd like to see some of the bigger trucks like Bionic, Paul, Gerald and who ever else(those are just off the top of my head) try some of the good stuff so i can get some videos!!! See you all saturday!

Happy trails!!

Hey guys... i might be able to make it for the sunday run because I know I won;t have to work. Just let me know what time yall plan on starting/meeting and i will see what I can do.

Chris

lookin at the weather for harrisonburg this weekend it looks like ice and snow. defanantly gonna make things fun.

is anyone gonna be staying at the Days Inn?

well it looks like im gonna get my lift on afterall. the coil spacers came today and instead of waiting for the shackles, im going to custom make some and do a little welding as a temp. till they do arrive

Brian!!! wheres your brono man. I came home tonight and it was gone. hope you got to it and got it fixed and it didnt get towed, it shouldt have.

See yall saturday

Okay, any of you guys who haven't ordered your decals and would like to be able to pick them up Saturday, let me know ASAP what you want.

My plans are definite for 2 days. Me and my girlfriend both have confirmed the entire weekend off of work.

ICE!? :eek: I don't like ice at all. Bad experiences. :roll: I really don't hope there is much ice on the ground. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

John, not sure if i have confirmed my order, but i will pick mine up there, just give me the $$. I really don't see any ice in the forcast cause it's suppose to be around 40 right?? So, it sould be cool! Oh yeah, what was the deal with how many decals we had to order?

Happy trails!!

Back