Harrisonburg, VA- January | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Harrisonburg, VA- January

Wow, just got back, i had a blast! It was really great meeting everyone and i can't wait for the next run, Jamie and I had a really good time with everyone, glad no one was hurt or had any bad WHOOPS. Almost had one today though with Gerald!!! haha

Jason, i've got a couple hundered pics between Jamie and I. We'll have to talk later about getting them to you!

Happy trails!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I'm back now. That was the best run I've ever been on! The snow made it awesome, and you guys were a great group!

Anyone with pictures, if you don't mind having doubles made or burning them onto a CD or something (CD would be much easier), please do and send them to me. Just email me the cost and I'll send you a check and my mailing address. Thanks!
Also, anyone who wants my pics just let me know.

Yea, it was a great trip. Hopefully i'll be able to take my explorer sometime. I'll upload all the pictures i took and post a link to them when i get a chance.

John, about the CD's i had thought about that also. I'll have to get with Jamie and get what he has because he had like 132 on his camera of video and pictures. I had talked to him and thought if Jason25 wanted me to put them all on a CD (mine and Jamie's) and we can mail it to him that way he can pick and choose what he wants to put on the site for the gallery if you all start that. Anyone that has some pics, digital, then if you don't mind, zip them and email them to me at jot017@aol.com

Jamie's email address is jamiez71@aol.com if anyone wants the pics of your truck or what ever else he has then he will email them too you. I'll make as many CD's as people want and mail them to you, not a big deal at all. I'm anxious to see Gerald's write up this one!! I did have blast with everyone.

Rob, i told my fiancee about coming to VT and staying with her brother and his wife and doing a run with you and Jason and it looks cool, so i'll keep i touch with you and Jason!

Happy trails!!

That was an awesome weekend with you guys. Not having any other fords in the club up here its hard to see what other ford enthusiest do to thier rigs. espessically Ex's. it was great to see what different things yall have done with your trucks. I think was also able to see some of the things my Ex could do if I worked it right such as that hill climb and some of the rock gardens we went through. The snow for sure made things a little more interesting.

Thanks rob for ridin up there and wheelin along with me and gettin some cool pictures. next time we'll know exactly where the days inn is at. guess it was easier than to take your ex up and then ride with someone.

josh, whenever you get to gettin around the blacksburg/vatech area let rob or i know. Ill be happy to show you some of the stuff we ahve around here. there are lot more mud holes around here and chances of getting stuck are good. if you need a place to stay too, youre welcome to stay here, I have plenty of room.

hopefully when tax returns come back ill be bale to do a couple more mods. lockers are for sure coming and maybe some warn hubs. we'll see.

you guys are a great group to get together with, we'll meet up somewehre, hopefully see a few of you around tellico!!!

We just got home. Couldn't get the tire aired and balanced though, so we ran the AT home with no problems. I was airing up at a station after finding no place to balance a 33 and Paul S pulled up. He was still looking for air and had been to 3 places before seeing us.:frustrate

We, like everyone else so far, had a GREAT time. It was so cool to see a Jeep be the odd vehicle out, no offence Mike. It was good to meet all the folks and the wheel'n was fun too! I hope next time to be able to have real food and a few adult beverages.:D

I would like to see some the good pics, maybe they could be posted somewhere. I don't know where and don't know how either.:confused: Gerald, I'm sure everyone is waiting to see your write up. I also would like that pic of the Marshmallow in the river.

Rick, Sandi & Bailey

Here's a few pics that i got uploaded. I have about 70 pictues total and they are WAY too big, so they take up about 70 MB total if i don't resize them. I'm not sure if i can email them to anybody, but we'll see.

fdfc1630.jpg

fdfc1632.jpg

fdfc1637.jpg

fdfc1610.jpg

fdfc166e.jpg

fdfc1661.jpg

fdfc1658.jpg

fdfc1666.jpg

Check the new thread

Tim set up a new thread for reports and pictures.

I posted a link to my pics on the other thread,

I had a really great time running with you guys, great to get out and meet everyone.

Thanks Tim for chatting on the CB on the way home, helps pass the miles.
Alec and I got Home around 11:30pm- Alec got to sleep most of the way since I guess he got all talked out at Luigis talking to Rick;)
Im guessing Tim got home a bit later than that and turned around and came down for Sunday?

I hope everyone had a good time, it was a fun trip for me, helped out by the great people on the ride. Thanks

link to the post trip thread;

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=42086

Back