Harrisonburg, VA- January | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Harrisonburg, VA- January

update list please

Steve ___ SteveVB ______ 31" tires, 2.5" susp 100%
John ____ yob_yeknom ___ 31" tires, 3" body 100%
Jason ___ sc4wda XLT ___ 31" tires 100%
Tim _____ NoBoundaries _ 32" tires, 2" susp 100%
Michael _ donkey boy ___ 30" tires, 2" susp 100% Jeep GC
Paul ____ Paul N. ______ stock 100%
Josh ____ Jot017 _______ 31" tires, 2" susp 100%
Rick ____ Bionc Marsh. _ 33" tires, 5.5" susp 100%
Jason ___ Jason_25 _____ 32" tires 100%
Jeff ____ JDraper ______ 31" tires, 2" susp 100%
Paul ____ Pual J. Sabin 33" tires, 5" susp 100%
Gerald __ GJarrett _____ 33" tires, 2"sp 3"bod 100%?
Jim _____ BACKWOODS ____ 32" tires, 3" ? 100%?
Brian ___ DonaldBC _____ 31" tires, 2" susp 75%?
Rob _____ NC-X _________ stock 50%?
Matt ____ MattHarrell __ stock 50%?--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Gerald what time are you and Paul going to be there Friday? If I can get things wrapped up today I may be able to come down friday afternoon. Ill post later.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Packing Up !!

Steve -

Hadn't finalized the details with Gerald yet, but planned on meeting maybe about 1:00 p.m. at McDormans, then head out to check Flagpole Knob and a few other trails we may run on Sunday - - how does that work for you ??

How about 7:00 p.m. link-up time at the Day's Inn? Grab some chow and a couple o' beers with whoever is coming in Friday night. (Gerald - Figured we be done by dusk - - ought to be able to accomodate a link-up at 7:00 p.m. with the group).

Paul

We'll be pulling into the Days Inn about 5pm or so, so I'll be there!!!

I'll be driving up saturday morning with sc4wda XLT. I'm still not gonna ride the trail in my x, so i'll probably ride with Jason_25 or anyone else who has a free seat.

Sorry I haven't been the most active on this thread, things have been hectic.

I was hoping to have an Eaton Posi installed by the run, but no luck (no time I should say). I hope to have Warrior quick disconnects in by Friday. Got some tow hooks on, then I put on a Manik grill guard. The bar on the guard is slighty in the way of the front hooks, but I think I may be able to work around the bar. :rolleyes:

For the most part I am pretty much set for the run. I think I'll just take on the light stuff. Until I get some skid plates under the tranny, engine and front diffy, (among other things) safe is the best option for me.

At any rate, can't wait to meet everyone and I look forward to the trails!

P.S. Hey Gerald, what kind of beer do you drink? I owe ya!;) :bounce:

Fridays out for me

Paul, Gerald,

Im going to have to meet someone tomorrow morning so I wouldnt be able to leave until noon, which would put me in Harrisonburg around 3 at the earliest, and I havent been able to get a hold of my wife ( I think shes still in Richmond) to see if she can handle things Friday night. Thats a bit later than you guys want to get going, so at this point I think Ill see everyone on Sat morning.

Well as it is looking I'm now 95% sure I'll be there. I contacted a really nice urinary tract infection. I've been in bed since Sunday night and in the ER for 6 hours last night. Boy, things don't heal like they use to.:( I'll have to see what my doctor says tomorrow. I'm still planning on the trip, so don't count me out. Unfortunately, there will be no:chug: for me this weekend. The good news (if you can call it that), is that I have lost 11 lbs in 4 days! But I wound not recommend this diet to anyone:

I'm good to meet at the Days Inn @ 7. Hopfully I'll be on solid food by then, this bouillon crap is terrible.

I'll have my wife and dog with me, but no empty seats this time.

Rick

Sorry about you luck this week Rick, things will get better, maybe some wheelin is what the doctor is going to call for!!

My buddy and can meet you all at the Days in at 7!

Sounds good, everybody be safe on the roads!!

Happy trails!!

Well, this just SUCKS!!! My wife and daughter both came down with a stomach flu today!! My daughter was bowing to the porcelain gods earlier today, and she has a fever of 101.3°. My wife has a fever of 99.6°, soooooo, it looks like I will not be making it down this weekend. :shoot: :shoot: :fire: :fire:

I really wanna go wheeling, but I gotta take care of my wife and daughter. SOMEBODY GET PICTURES!!!!!!

Sorry guys and girls, I was really looking forward to this. John, lemme know where to send the $$$ for the stickers I was gonna pick up, and When's the next trip???? I wanna go on one before Paragon and Tellico in the spring. If it's within 6 hours, I'm there!!!

Man, Jeff, that sucks. Hope they feel better. I know we will have plenty of photos. My buddy and I are both taking dig. cameras, so you'll have to some thing to look at!! Oh yeah, i went and bought one of those pumps like you have and it worked great! Filled it back up and it actually runs better, that's how bad it was!! Thanks, good luck!

Happy trails!!

John i cracked my manifold which can't be welded.....:mad:

I hope everyone has fun, and take ALOT of pics.:D

BE prepared for snow!

Ok everyone, the latest weather report I saw is calling for 60% chance snow showers after noon on Sat. So be prepared.

I will see everyone at 9:30-9:45 at Mc Dormans Store. We will be heading out at 10.

Just a note: I dont think McDormans has a sign, but I believe that the gas pumps out front - the older style with the rolling numerals- have the name on them. But any6way, the store is about 11 or 12 miles west of Harrisonburg, in Rawley Springs. Its the only store on the left with gas around that mileage.

This should be some fun if it actually snows.

Ill check again tomorrow evening to get a list of whos coming, so we know who to wait for.

Sorry Jeff about the Family- been there done that, Paragon or Tellico it is.

Sorry to hear about the manifold Brian, we'll catch up again sometime on the trail.

Well, add me to the list of those who are/have been quite sick. I've felt like crap (sinus infection and upset stomach) since Sunday, and today it took all I had just to make it through work. I may feel (and look) like $h!t run over, but I'm gonna be there regardless of my doctor saying not to.

The truck is going to a welding shop tomorrow morning to have a 3" extension put on the top of the frame up front. I've cut the shoe horns off, and will have a bracket fabbed for them so the bumper can be up 3" to match the body lift. With the shoe horns up 3", I'll be able to install a brush guard later, and have the stock fog lights (that I'm installing myself) fit in place also. Hopefully all will go well. If not, I'm screwed. I also hope to have tow hooks put on the front also.

I should be there by 7pm Friday. Give me a call on my cell if I'm not already at the Days Inn at that time.

aight yall. the 2 inch suspension lift is on and Im sooooooooo ready to go. wish i were leaving friday but have too many classes. It defanantly looks like snow for our ride. the forcast says 90% chance at 10am and its supposed to snow all day. hopefully there will be plenty on the ground for those of us that stay sunday too.

Hey No Boundaries. youll have to take a look at my homemade swaybar qucik discos. cost me all but 5 bucks...might be worth gettin your money back!!??

what is up with everyone getting sick...dang.

see yall in 2 days

Anybody wants to meet outside Richmond early Saturday?

Is there now anybody who want's now to meet Saturday morning at 7:30 at the reststop outside Richmond (Interstate 64 westbound, mile 169)? I see that Chris is not on the latest list of participents anymore and Paul dropped me a note that he already is driving up on Friday. I'm just asking because I don't want to leave anybody who wanted to meet there abandoned. (looks like I convoy by myself ;) )

I was coming up I-81 from TN yestarday night and there was nothing similar to snow in eyes sight and it looked actually pretty dry. Let's see what surprise weather has prepared for us.

There are still 2 CB channels floating around; Steve's official call (because he's the trailleader :D) is CHANNEL 4 everyone

Alright all, i'm getting ready to pull out. Everyone be safe on the roads and i'll see some of you tonight and in the morning, have fun!! no speeding tickets in VA!!

Happy trails!!

I'm puilling out in a couple of hours. See everyone there!

Well aginst my doctor, my wife and my better judgement we are leaving now. Can ya tell I really want to go on this run.

See ya tonight, or at least in the AM.

Looks like I'll be in the Ranger again for this run, per the request of my 7-year old daughter. The explorer will have to wait until the next run.

Should be great weather for playing in - see everyone in the morning....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm back!
WOW that was so much fun. Hope everyone had a good time. If you have pictures, send them to me and I will put them up on the ECX website.

Back