• Register Today It's free!

Hartman Please read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FHBasketball

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 SPORT
I went to your homepage, to see how you made the rollpan. I noticed that you had done your own clear corners also. I went out to my '96 and took the light out. even though you said to cut a piece out of the back of the light, I wanted to see if there was a way to do it without cutting.

I found one. When you remove the bulb that would light up the corner, you can see part of the amber reflector. I took the light inside ONTO A CARPETED SURFACE, and layed it down so that the hole for the bulb was facing up. The I just simply took a flathead and busted off the piece of amber reflector that I could see. This then broke the glue holding the rest of the reflector in place. Then it is just a matter of breaking up the remaining piece small enough so that it fits through the hole that the bulb goes into. Be sure to place the assembly on carpet or a blanket as to not scratch it.

I figured the whole cutting, removing, and gluing might take awhile, but I got it done in about ten minutes. Your way may be better if you don't want to scratch the light, but I figured I would let you know I found another way.

By the way, how much would you charge to make me a rollpan without paint????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey cool man. Any way that you can do it without cutting is always good. As for the rollpan, I don't think I could make another one and sell it for a reasonable price.

I think I have been inspired! Gotta try it out on my extra corner first!

THat's exactly what we did on my roomate's Corolla. It kinda tears stuff up a little, but it's not apparent unless you're really close and looking for it.

Hartman said:
As for the rollpan, I don't think I could make another one and sell it for a reasonable price.

I handmade my own out of the keystone f150 one. It was a ***** to get the contour of the back door since the 98+ doors have alot of curvature. Took me a while to get it perfect. Got it painted, 2 months later someone backed into me in the movie theatre parking lot and TOTALLED it. I'd never get it back perfect without starting over. So I ripped it off and in the process of welding the steel one on.

So I can see how Hartman can say that it can't be made cheaply ;)

Try it man.....

.....There will be some tiny scratches inside, but not noticable unless you are about 6 inches away, I think it was caused by the sharp edges on the reflector. I made sure no to let the screwdriver hit the lenses.

By the way, on another post, I asked anyone if the '99 sport front bumper cover would fit on the '96 front end. Does anyone know if it will?

DasFrem has a pic of what looks like the 95-97 sport, but the newer front end. He also has a splitter that looks good, so if anyone can help me out.

Hartman, that's ok about the rollpan. That is what i figured. Did you use Bondo to mold the pieces back together??? I might tackle my own rollpan using your step by step. It will be easier now that I know how.

I used fiberlgass to mold it back together. No Bondo was used. Only a light coat of body filler.

FHBasketball said:
By the way, on another post, I asked anyone if the '99 sport front bumper cover would fit on the '96 front end. Does anyone know if it will?

You will need all the hardware off the newer X not just the cover to make it fit

I know this might sound stupid.....

.....but I just started customizing my car, and I don't know exactly what you mean by hardware. Do you mean the actual bumper, the whole front end, or what??? Thank oy ufor your reply though.

All parts of the bumper. Basically un-bolt it from the newer X and bolt it to yours

Back