Headache!! Civilian center console install on PIU | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Headache!! Civilian center console install on PIU

Ask someone who works with vinyl reupholstering how to remove the lettering (P,R,N,D,S) without damaging that section.
Its laser engraver from the looks of it, i wrapped it.
20231015_141243.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don’t understand why not just keep the police center and outfit as needed? Its comfy, more storage, just ordered the cup holders for it too and it doesn’t have a odd unused gear selector hole

Some members have 3D printed a small storage container for that open hole. There are pictures of it in the Forum.

Peter

I don’t understand why not just keep the police center and outfit as needed? Its comfy, more storage, just ordered the cup holders for it too and it doesn’t have a odd unused gear selector hole
Most dont come with consoles. Currently making stuff for it anyways

The shifter lettering cannot be removed as it is designed to have a light behind it to illuminate the letters in a civilian Explorer. The only real course of action is to cover with vinyl. I found the perfect color match vinyl that matches the silver trim found in many PIU's. Here is the link to the video and the link for the vinyl is in the description.

I also make those center console shifter filler pockets. There are others printing them too but whatever option you go be sure not to use PLA or PETG materials. They will warp in the summer heat. Mine are made from carbon-fiber polycarbonate. Very strong UV-resistant material.

Here are the pockets: 2011-2019 Ford Explorer/Police Interceptor Utility Center Console Shifter Filler Pocket

The shifter lettering cannot be removed as it is designed to have a light behind it to illuminate the letters in a civilian Explorer. The only real course of action is to cover with vinyl. I found the perfect color match vinyl that matches the silver trim found in many PIU's. Here is the link to the video and the link for the vinyl is in the description.

I also make those center console shifter filler pockets. There are others printing them too but whatever option you go be sure not to use PLA or PETG materials. They will warp in the summer heat. Mine are made from carbon-fiber polycarbonate. Very strong UV-resistant material.

Here are the pockets: 2011-2019 Ford Explorer/Police Interceptor Utility Center Console Shifter Filler Pocket

That’s some fine work!

Back