Headlight adjustment screw

roamingphantom

Reaction score
City, State
NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 EX Limited, 302A
Hi all,
Where can i find the screw to adjust the vertical headlight beam. I'd like to just aim it a little higher - maybe 6 inches.

FYI - i have the Limited with HID.

Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ugh! Don't mess with it. You'll end up bilnding other drivers. It should still be under warranty, so let the dealer determine if its out of spec, and fix it. If its in spec and where its legally supposed to be, then you shouldn't try to change it.

all i wanna do is raise it "sligltly". Driving on highways i cant see the signs until i am almost on top of them. Side streets are the same also - cant see down the road, I am sure you know how screwed up the sinage in NJ is so its more or less as a result of NJ thats why i am changing it.

all i wanna do is raise it "sligltly". Driving on highways i cant see the signs until i am almost on top of them. Side streets are the same also - cant see down the road, I am sure you know how screwed up the sinage in NJ is so its more or less as a result of NJ thats why i am changing it.

"Slightly" blinding the oncoming traffic so that you can see the road signs better seems a little selfish to me.....

Yeah, i think i am gonna slightly blind them. Not a bad idea right? Now, do you really feel thats my intention, do you really really think i want to do that?

Yeah, i think i am gonna slightly blind them. Not a bad idea right? Now, do you really feel thats my intention, do you really really think i want to do that?

Of course not....but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to conclude that that will be the end result if you do raise them higher......

I raised my headlights a little and no one has high beam flashed me back. My headlights were so low, I had the same problem. I couldn't see the road signs or pedestrians a bit farther ahead until I almost hit a guy jaywalking in all black clothing. I raised mine to get straight out and on level ground, my light beam would barely hit the side mirrors on small sedans but this help greatly in visibility. Don't listen to these people, raise it higher if you want, just don't do it too high. It's a lot better to see where you're going because visibility is very important.

Hello guys, where is this pin to fit the Philips screw driver #2 ? My HIDs are factory installed and aimed. However, when the EX is loaded, on coming traffic is bothered by the HIDs. Might have to adjust the aim a little lower.

if you have factory HID, don't use the Philips screwdriver - instead look for a little white knob on the headlight fixture - and then find a socket that fits (not sure what size) and use the socket to adjust the height. Its way easier than the screwdriver.

if you have factory HID, don't use the Philips screwdriver - instead look for a little white knob on the headlight fixture - and then find a socket that fits (not sure what size) and use the socket to adjust the height. Its way easier than the screwdriver.

Is it the one where the hole for the screwdriver is located? If you dont mind, then please post picture. Sorry just want to be sure of what i'm looking for. Thanks in advance!

There is a picture on page 357 of the Owner's Guide that shows where the adjusting screw is located if that is what you are looking for.

Peter

Philips head works perfectly.

Counter clockwise to raise.

Ignore the "if you adjust them up you'll blind other drivers" folk. If yours are adjusted too low, then raise them. If you get other people flashing their high beams, they're too high. And there's plenty of how-to write ups out there that explain how to adjust them properly by parking a certain distance from a wall and measuring the beams with a tape measure.

Tony

Got it! Used Phillips screw driver. Adjusted the driver side headlamp lower. It was aiming almost the same as the passenger side. Lowered it by 3/4 of an inch. I'll see if oncoming traffic still signals me.

Thanks all!

Just realized that when my high beam is on it doesn't make any difference for me since I don't see more road ahead. Yep I see the signs, but I need to see the road. Does it mean my high beam is aimed to high and I shall adjust them?

Hi Denis. I've noticed the same thing with the OEM HID lamps. The high beams seem to spread out the light much more to the sides than focusing it down the road. I think that was the biggest difference I initially found between the HID and the upgraded halogens I had in my Highlander. The MKT HID appears to function the same way. Every time I used the high beams in the country I'm worried about waking up the squirrels and birds high up in the trees.;)

Peter

Peter,
do you think adjusting them as described in manual can alleviate it a bit?

I don't know for sure. The problem is that I think you would also be adjusting the low beam since we are talking about a single bulb that does double duty.

Peter

right, it might be the case. I don't want to adjust low beam, high beam only, gotta speak to dealer...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back