Headlight Bulb Question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Headlight Bulb Question

The eyes are getting to the point that night driving needs a little more illumination. Read a bunch about blue bulbs and crossed them off. I will post the descriptions of available bulbs (9007's) and those who know please recommend. "All Weather"Safer driving in all conditions, yellow contrasting light improves visibility in bad( rain, snow, fog) weather. "Diamond White"- Brillant low glare pattern with "rainbow" reflections on the perimeter. "Xenon Blue" - special coated capsule with xenon gas that produces an intense white light that approaches HID systems. I don't care how they look (not into cool) but want to see what's out there. How about stepping up the wattage to 100/80, will the wires-housings put up with the heat? Thanks.

Picture one is silverstar high beams with the Xenarc HID auxiliary kit. Picture 2 is just silverstar low beams. Picture 3 is silverstar low beams with the Xenarc Kit. It is hard to photograph the differences but what I saw here and when driving is the side, you can see the grass cleaner and the mailbox in these pictures. The benefit I see driving is you see the side of the road so much better. If I angled them up a little more I think I will considerable more down road light, I just don't want to blind people. With this kit, I can leave it on with the high beams covering most everything with light.

Back