Headlight not working...need help please | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Headlight not working...need help please

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I have the same issue but on the drivers side. Zero power at the headlight harness, ground is good, fuses tested.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Did it just stop working on its own or did you do some work to it previously?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did have aftermarket HID's installed until my recent troubleshooting where I went back to stock Halogens. I looked at the diagrams posted on here and tested the Blue Green wire for the right side and got 12 volts. However, in testing the power for the left side (at connector) i got no power at all. I tested with a basic wire jumper from blue green to brown blue and headlight turned on. So issue is somewhere on or at interior fuse box I'm assuming?!?!

fuses 16 and 17 tested fine and I switched them for the same results

I did have aftermarket HID's installed until my recent troubleshooting where I went back to stock Halogens. I looked at the diagrams posted on here and tested the Blue Green wire for the right side and got 12 volts. However, in testing the power for the left side (at connector) i got no power at all. I tested with a basic wire jumper from blue green to brown blue and headlight turned on. So issue is somewhere on or at interior fuse box I'm assuming?!?!

Checking the fuse on the BCM right, not the fusebox under the hood? Does the fuse have voltage?
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=1009120

Also check pin 2 on connector C2280E on the BCM (interior fusebox) for voltage by backprobing it.

C2280E.JPG

Thank you guys for the reply's. Yes the fuse has voltage at the BCM (interior driver's side) but nothing at the BN-BU wire in pin #2. However when I jump from pin #1 to pin #2 both headlights work. I can't seem to make sense out of this! Could the problem be inside my BCM?

Thank you guys for the reply's. Yes the fuse has voltage at the BCM (interior driver's side) but nothing at the BN-BU wire in pin #2. However when I jump from pin #1 to pin #2 both headlights work. I can't seem to make sense out of this! Could the problem be inside my BCM?

Sounds like the FET inside is burned up. Did it start doing it when you had the aftermarket HID kit on?

Actually read this. Check for continuity to ground on pin2 at the bcm and also at the back of the headlight connector. Could be shorted out and the BCM has turned off the FET. You have forscan? Be a quick way to see if it's shorted by looking at the DTCs.

fet1.JPG
fet2.JPG

I purchased the vehicle used and installed the HID's after only a week because the headlights were so horrible. About a month or two into it the drivers side didn't turn on with "auto" but as soon as I turned on manually then back to auto they were fine. This happened a few times intermittently the went away, until now.

No DTC's came up on my Innova 3030 g2 scanner

No DTC's came up on my Innova 3030 g2 scanner
That scanner can only read obdII codes, not manufacturer specific ones. The UXXXX codes will only show up using highend scanners like Autel, Ford dealer tool, or with forscan and an OBDII bluetooth adapter.

Ok. I will head to the shop and get it scanned tomorrow. Thank you so much for the help.

Back