Driver's Side Headlight Not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Driver's Side Headlight Not working

cousinoc

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Ranger
My driver's side headlight decided to stop working. I've replaced the bulb and ballast (I'm running HID's in the low beam in an aftermarket assembly). It started out as just the low beam on the driver's side then the high beam went out also. I replaced the multifunction switch. That didn't fix it. I bypassed the headlight switch by jumping the pins. That still only made the passenger side light come on. All the fuses are good. However, I checked the amps coming in to the fuses and fuse 4 which is the fuse for the driver's side is only getting .025 amps where fuse 8 (the passenger side fuse) is getting roughly 6 amps. So I'm not sure exactly what that means. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

My driver's side headlight decided to stop working. I've replaced the bulb and ballast (I'm running HID's in the low beam in an aftermarket assembly). It started out as just the low beam on the driver's side then the high beam went out also. I replaced the multifunction switch. That didn't fix it. I bypassed the headlight switch by jumping the pins. That still only made the passenger side light come on. All the fuses are good. However, I checked the amps coming in to the fuses and fuse 4 which is the fuse for the driver's side is only getting .025 amps where fuse 8 (the passenger side fuse) is getting roughly 6 amps. So I'm not sure exactly what that means. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Most likely will be the light outage module its located under the console of the information center is this an eddie bauer?

I had the same issue with my 97 at roughly 119,000 miles. I did not have any aftermarket lighting, and it turned out to be the LOM as Smighn1997 stated. Basically the wire routing makes a turn/bend and places a lot of pressure on the connector that is soldered to the breadboard. Over time, the solder connections fail and removal/disassembly of the LOM and re-soldering fixes the issue.

Back