• Register Today It's free!

Heat problem

gadourym

Reaction score
City, State
Sterling, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 XLT V6
The other night after work, I used the heat for the first time this Fall. I was only able to get it to blow cold air. The next morning, the heat worked fine, but that night, no heat again. I left the blower on low, and after about 35 minutes of driving, I very suddenly had heat again for the rest of the drive home. Today, I tried, and got no heat again (I had left the dial on hot since last night). When I was almost at work (about 40 minutes on the road), I again suddenly got got air. The rest of the way I moved the dial between cold and hot several times and it worked just fine, so I don't think it's the blend door. All of the positions (floor, vent, defrost) work fine.

The temp gauge seems to be working fine, after a few minutes, it goes right to the middle and stays put. Any thoughts? I'd even be happy with a solution that gave me only heat. I have over 200,000 miles and there's some front end damage from a recent accident. I just want to get through one more winter with this truck and then I'll look for a replacement...

Back