Heater & A/C blower control are not working. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heater & A/C blower control are not working.

mrm200

Reaction score
City, State
North East PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 xlt
Need some help. I have an explorer xlt 2002, currently the mode selector control isn't working properly. It only seems to blow out the main vents and no where else. Not sure what to do to fix it. With winter coming up I need my defrost to work on the front windshield. Even if there isn't a permanent fix, I'll take advise on how to divert all hot air directly on the windshield.

I don't believe it's a blend door problem because the problem exists when I'm in AC or Heater mode.

Please help thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heater & AC problems

My switch to the heat and AC doesnt work. It only work in the fullest speed (not speed 1,2,3). I belive it broke at the same period when my AC died also.

Cold and warm works, but only in the highest speed.

AC doesnt work at all.

Every mode, like : feet,window,mixed air, does work in hot and cold mode.

Can it be a electrical fault or is it just the "knob" who needs to be changed ?
Is it possible to change the knob without removing the panels, by sticking in your hand beneth the stereo ?

Someone had this problem ?

Thank you. My investigation lead me to this problem also. Ill check that this weekend if it is not going to snow....brrr to cold out there then.

Back