• Register Today It's free!

Heater Issues

maxab2

Reaction score
City, State
Charleston, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
2006 Explorer-When I turn the temp control to heat there is a clicking noise coming from the dash. It blows cool to cold air coming from the vents. Doesn't matter what setting it is on. Right when the control is moved off of cold it starts clicking. It also appears that the first two fan speeds don't seem to work either. Any thoughts?

2006 Explorer
XLT
4.0 V6

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the clicking noise is the blend door actuator the blower missing 2 speeds is the blower resistor this is general without doing a proper diag we are just guessing based on likely causes but this is most defiantly the causes i know the blend door actuator can be replaced without moving dash but still in tight spot like older explorers it located on driver side just above that console trim make sure you get the ford actuator the aftermarkets don't work well. as far as resistor i would have to look up for you where it is but most likely its located on passenger side near blower motor.

Tom

Thanks Tom! This helps a lot. It's starting to get cold and my daughter is complaining about the cold in the mornings.

Thanks Rcflyer330. I looked at it and it does seem to be a simple replacement.

Back