• Register Today It's free!

Heater Output low

ltools

Reaction score
City, State
cleveland, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xllt, and 95 expediton
I have a 95 explorer expedition version. with rear heat, Cooling system flushed, and full, Have tried changing thermostats twice, once with a 180, and second a 195, Problem is this... Little or no heat . Temp gauge fluctuates between "C" and "midpoint", and will swing back and fourth quite fast, all the time, hardly any heat is comming out of my vents.... What could be keeping my engine so cold? The Heater control valve seems to be working correctly, full down heat and full up, when off.! Please help........ Its cold here in ohio.
Doug

Mine had the same problem, but it was the t-stat. Did you install it or have a shop do it? Did you make sure to align it the right way?

Align it the right way?... I did it myself, the spring tword the motor.... now the check valve ball I had tried at the top on the first one, and the second replacement it put it midway...

There should be a little hole in the t-stat that I believe should be in the 12 o'clock postion when you install it. Also, did you replace your radiator cap?

Back