• Register Today It's free!

Heater wont blow hot air

Csnow25

Reaction score
City, State
Florissant
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 ford explorer
In my 1995 ford explorer my heater stopped working after turning the ac on for the first time this year. The hoses get hot and blower blows air just no heat and the actuator turns when you move temperature and I just replaced the thermostat and replaced the heater valve last year. I just bought the actuator to replace just incase but is there anything else I should check I'm just stuck thank you

In my 1995 ford explorer my heater stopped working after turning the ac on for the first time this year. The hoses get hot and blower blows air just no heat and the actuator turns when you move temperature and I just replaced the thermostat and replaced the heater valve last year. I just bought the actuator to replace just incase but is there anything else I should check I'm just stuck thank you

It could be that your heater core is clogged (back-flushing might clean it out) but it's more likely that your blend door is not working. Issues with the blend door are related to one of 2 things. Either it's physically broken (common issue in our trucks) or that the electronic blend door actuator is not working (also a common problem).

Inside your heater box the blend door sits between the heater core and the A/C evaporator. Closed one way you get only air passing through the heater core (hot), closed the other way you get only air passed through the evaporator (cold). As its name implies, the blend door can be set partially between hot and cold to regulate air temp.

Replacing the blend door is a huge job, unless you do it the quick and dirty way. Replacing the blend door actuator is a bit of a PITA, but is doable.

Do you have the automatic HVAC controls or the manual (3 knobs) HVAC controls in your truck?

It could be that your heater core is clogged (back-flushing might clean it out) but it's more likely that your blend door is not working. Issues with the blend door are related to one of 2 things. Either it's physically broken (common issue in our trucks) or that the electronic blend door actuator is not working (also a common problem).

Inside your heater box the blend door sits between the heater core and the A/C evaporator. Closed one way you get only air passing through the heater core (hot), closed the other way you get only air passed through the evaporator (cold). As its name implies, the blend door can be set partially between hot and cold to regulate air temp.

Replacing the blend door is a huge job, unless you do it the quick and dirty way. Replacing the blend door actuator is a bit of a PITA, but is doable.

Do you have the automatic HVAC controls or the manual (3 knobs) HVAC controls in your truck?
Sndbxudj

I have the 3 knobs and I'm waiting for the blend door actuator in the mail because that's what I thought it could be but if that dont work and say the heater core isn't clogged what else could it be?

Sndbxudj

I have the 3 knobs and I'm waiting for the blend door actuator in the mail because that's what I thought it could be but if that dont work and say the heater core isn't clogged what else could it be?

I already told you. A broken blend door.

Back