• Register Today It's free!

Hello from a new So. Cal member

Sean breslin

Reaction score
City, State
Orange, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 lincoln aviator
I have a confession, I do not own an explorer, mountaineer or aviator. I joined to get some advice before I purchase a used vehicle. I'm interested in an Aviator but I want to lower it and from what I have been able to find on the network that is not very doable, I thought they had the same suspension as an explorer but apparently not. I'm thinking about a 2004, I know they are fully independent suspension, do they have airbags like my 2004 CV LX Sport or are they springs?

how about lowering an explorer is that easier should I consider buying an Eddie Bauer explorer instead?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
Sean

The 2nd Gen Explorers and Aviator are probably the easiest to drop and IMO make the best looking street trucks. I haven't seen many dropped 3rd Gens.

Check out the forums within this category for ideas: Street Trucks

The 2nd Gen Explorers and Aviator are probably the easiest to drop and IMO make the best looking street trucks. I haven't seen many dropped 3rd Gens.

Check out the forums within this category for ideas: Street Trucks

According to wikipedia second gen explorers run from 95 to 03 so an 04 aviator would be more problematic? if that is the case that's to bad, there is an 04 aviator with 60k miles for sale on craigslist that I was going to check into but sounds like that's not the best option for lowering.

I'll check out Street trucks and see what they have on lowering
thanks for the info

Back