• Register Today It's free!

Hello from Orlando!

ScubaJoe

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT
I just traded my 1989 Corvette I've owned for over 10 years straight up for a 2001 Explorer XLT.

I've not driven the Corvette much anymore and it just sat in the garage. I started diving a year ago, and now all my time and money has been put into that hobby. I was also looking for a dive vehicle (I also have a dropped 2005 Altima that doesn't like getting beat up from diving every weekend) so I decided the Corvette had to go. I put it up for trade on CraigsList and a couple days later someone offered the Explorer for it and I took the trade.

So far, I love it. It has about 180K miles on it and looks brand new inside and under the hood. It doesn't leak, burn any oil, everything works and it runs like a champ (crossing my fingers it will continue to last).

About the only thing wrong with it is a faded hood and roof. it's the dark blue color with the gray bottom and running boards and tan interior.

So far I've swapped out of the all terrains that were on it back to stock sized tires (for highway driving only) and I replaced the color-matched faded grill bezel for the chrome one I found in a junk yard. The only other thing I've done was replaced the stock radio and add a sub under the back seat.

My next project will be finding a new drivers seat cushion, as this one is pretty worn out and lopsided.

It makes a great dive vehicle so far, I've had a dozen tanks in the back with a few crates of gear and it's so much easier to get things in and out of it.

I also love the keyless entry buttons on the door. I can leave my keys locked up while I dive without worrying about where to hide them. I even found where the keypad code was hidden in the back from searching on the forum for info, and I was able to get it working again (previous owner did not know the code).

Anyhow, I've always joined forums for whatever cars I've owned over the years for tips, tricks and passing on info I've learned myself. I've contributed quite a few writeups for various other forums and hope that there is something I can contribute here as well in the near future.

Thanks!

Joe

Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

Back