New to the Explorer world,from Orlando. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to the Explorer world,from Orlando.

OrlandoExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
WhOrlando Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer EB
Hey everybody,names Christian I've been lurking for 3-4 weeks now.I just bought a 1991 EB edition about a month ago,interior in almost perfect Condition,exterior not to bad.Picked it up for $350,put a new fan,ran clutch,thermostat and power steering pump(and tires)and man this thing is one of the smoothest driving vehicles I've ever owned (My current DD being a 98 grand marquis with 227K on her,still going strong)Anyway y'all have been a help with the repairs I've done so far,And I plan on sticking around.Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum! Not EXACTLY the same but I've got a 92 crown vic to go with my first gen! Little tip: open up the intake with a bigger throttle body, and put dual exhaust on your grand marquis, and it'll really wake up that 4.6!

Welcome to the forum! I'm a little west of Orlando in Inverness.

I've got a 1997 Lincoln Town Car, and 1985 C10 to go with my 97 Mountaineer :)

LSoOl1Al.jpg
De8jAKUl.jpg
nYBCM85l.jpg

Thank you for the welcomes,Beautiful Fords ya got there!( I'll excuse the Chevy as your Ford's outnumber them)Yeah I do have a cold air intake with a 5.0 explorer MAF along with strait piped duel exhaust on my Merc.She's big,she's loud and smooth as a cloud at 120 lol Not sure which direction to take with the ex yet,I love off roading but I'm not sure I want to spend too much money on lifts and stuff for a 2wd...

Yeah, those panthers will fool you on the highway! I've looked down and been startled by how much over the speed limit I was running!

Welcome.

Thank you for the welcomes,Beautiful Fords ya got there!( I'll excuse the Chevy as your Ford's outnumber them)Yeah I do have a cold air intake with a 5.0 explorer MAF along with strait piped duel exhaust on my Merc.She's big,she's loud and smooth as a cloud at 120 lol Not sure which direction to take with the ex yet,I love off roading but I'm not sure I want to spend too much money on lifts and stuff for a 2wd...

Don't tell anyone, but I've got a 77 Trans Am I did a frame off restoration on in my garage, including paint. And a 68 Nova :)

My Mountaineer is my daily driver however. I had the Mountaineer doing 120mph on 75 last year after outrunning a 2014 Cadillac Escalade, didn't realize it till I looked at the speedo. I like the cluster in my town car better because it's all digital.

Don't tell anyone, but I've got a 77 Trans Am I did a frame off restoration on in my garage, including paint. And a 68 Nova :)

My Mountaineer is my daily driver however. I had the Mountaineer doing 120mph on 75 last year after outrunning a 2014 Cadillac Escalade, didn't realize it till I looked at the speedo. I like the cluster in my town car better because it's all digital.

We all have our dirty little secrets,one of my favorite rides was a 98 Buick Riviera,3.8 supercharged.Beautiful car,drove amazing.Had it registered for a whole hour before I was Tboned into head-on traffic...By a Mustang GT.I took that as gods way of telling me he was ashamed of my treason (driving a GM)By the way,you happen to know nova means in Spanish? :D

We all have our dirty little secrets,one of my favorite rides was a 98 Buick Riviera,3.8 supercharged.Beautiful car,drove amazing.Had it registered for a whole hour before I was Tboned into head-on traffic...By a Mustang GT.I took that as gods way of telling me he was ashamed of my treason (driving a GM)By the way,you happen to know nova means in Spanish? :D

I do, that's why it's still in the garage awaiting restoration. My dad purchased the Nova ( Running ) in the 80s for $50.00 cash. He ripped the motor out for use in one of my moms cars later that year, and it's been sitting in the garage ever since. We're going to do a frame off, nut and bolt restoration on it as soon as the Trans Am is complete.

That sucks about the Mustang hitting you! Them Buicks are really nice cars.

Back