Hello im ELITE! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello im ELITE!

Hey my name is James and this is my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac (working on it slowly)

Type 6-Cylinder, 60° V, Single Overhead Cam, 12V
Displacement 4.0L (245 CID)
Gears 4.10 OD
Horsepower 210 @ 5200 (SAE net @ rpm)
Torque 240 @ 3000 (lb.-ft. @ rpm)

5 speed Automatic
16-inch Bright Cast Aluminum Wheels
Leather
Power Moonroof
Power Windows/Locks
Speed Control
4 Wheel ABS
Remote Keyless Entry
Overhead Console w/Electronic Compass and Outside Temperature
Truck Bed Extender
Independant SLA Suspension
Side Impact Beams
2ND Gen Dual Front Airbags
Power Back Window
Roof Rails

Things I've Added Since (not much)
Clear Corners
MAC Chrome Intake Kit
Bosch Spark Plug Wires
Billet Grille
Billet Bumper Grille
Billet Knobs
Billet Licence Plate
Billet Brake Light Cover
APC Euro Tails
EE Sway Bar
Removed Roof Rails
ScanGauge 3-in-1 Automotive Computer
Redline Gothic Pedels
Blue Turn Signal (Matches Headlights when on)
Panasonic CQ-C8301U
4 Blaupunkt PCxb573 5X7 Speakers

Things i've still yet to Do but will (one day)
TT Twist (Lower)
New Rims
Tint Front Windows (35% MD legal)
Paint Grey Cladding
Fix 2 Dents in Engine Hood
New Paint Job
New Sub
Chip w/ Rev Limit Removed

Things i Have but need to Install
White Gauges (Speedo, Rear Stereo Controls and HVAC)
Sport Trac All Silver Badges
Chrome Tail Gate Handle
Billet Tie Down Replacments
3-in-1 Fog/Driving/Strobe Lights
3" Drop Blocks for Rear
Flowmaster 40 Series Single In/Dual Out System
New Spark Plug Wire Set

Here are some pictures.
PICT0934.jpg

PICT0933.jpg

PICT1107.jpg

PICT1110.jpg

PICT1113.jpg

PICT1115.jpg

PICT1117.jpg

PICT1116.jpg

PICT0510.jpg

PICT0515.jpg

PICT0632.jpg

Here are some newer pictures (05/06/05) installed the bumper billet grille that came in the mail today and also took off those damned roof racks (question) whats the best way to get all the gunk and **** clean from under the roof racks? its mighty dirty under there and i washed it off but still some nasty gunk on there.

PICT1138.jpg

PICT1137.jpg

PICT1136.jpg

PICT1141.jpg

PICT1140.jpg

PICT1142.jpg

PICT1144.jpg

PICT1145.jpg

PICT1146.jpg

Thanks for all the help guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Installed Today...

Once my digital camera battery is charged i'll post some pictures the deck looks sweet and the speakers sound really good for only being 20$ a pair all and all i'm very happy.

EDIT : Here are the Pictures.

PICT1533.jpg

PICT1535.jpg

And last but not least my new speakers.
PICT1542.jpg

Look great don't they? :D :p :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

very nice looking truck... keep it up..

Great lookin ST, the Scan gauge is a great tool for the money (love mine) but I had to mod it a little.
They look so East Germaneske from the factory.

Attachments

• Mvc-018s.jpg
    Mvc-018s.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 459

Good to see ya back Spindle what happened?

ions said:
Good to see ya back Spindle what happened?
Needed Rehab, again :confused:
Pls support Americans with disabilitys, paypal accepted :D

spindlecone said:
LOL, gotta love our man Bill. But nice looking ST. Very clean. Keep up the good work.

spindlecone said:

Still owe ya 4$ :D tell me where to send.

New Shocks.

PICT1546.jpg

New Shocks. Still need to replace the front's tho i have them just work alot :rolleyes:

80,000 miles = time bomb?

Well i just hit 80K and just as i did a gauge bulb goes out and i'm starting to get a really rough start when i first turn the truck on.

PICT1615.jpg

anything i should check for a rough start? i just hard my spark plugs replaced and i have JBA spark plug wires also but they have been on since i've gotten the truck and don't know how old they are anything else i should look at?

Rough START? Or rough idle immediately after start? Could be the IAC if it's the latter.

j602 said:
Rough START? Or rough idle immediately after start? Could be the IAC if it's the latter.

It's always had a rough idle but not too bad since i've seafoam'd it and i doubt its the IAC since i replaced that less than a month ago with a new motorcraft one from rockauto.com its more of a rough start i'll put the key in and go to start it and it takes awhile for it to kick over and start like maybe 5 secs and its vibrates pretty bad during the 5 secs it's hard to explain maybe i'll get my digital camera out and take some video of it. Hopefully it isnt something bad i would go take it to get checked but its my g/f birthday soon and im trying to save money which is hard.

Well, not quite sure if this is your problem (it wouldn't fit the vibration part) but possibly a fuel filter? Not sure though, good luck.

You could take it to Autozone and let them check the starter, they do it for free. But that wouldn't affect idling and start. Try cleaning the MAF too.

j602 said:
You could take it to Autozone and let them check the starter, they do it for free. But that wouldn't affect idling and start. Try cleaning the MAF too.

I've cleaned the MAF while i changed my IAC and it didnt do anything it looked pretty clean also i guess i will go to Autozone i checked my scangauge for any codes and nothing.

bmxking5 said:
Well, not quite sure if this is your problem (it wouldn't fit the vibration part) but possibly a fuel filter? Not sure though, good luck.

I had my fuel filter last changed at 68,000 miles should i change it again? i had a shop do a 60K mile check up/tune up how hard is it to change the fuel filter? how long do they last?

12,000 miles shouldn't be enough to make the fuel filter go bad. Maybe the fuel pump?

Friend came over yesterday with his $2 ebay "hood scoop" and i helped him install it to his black neon and i put it on my truck to see what it would look like and i laughed pretty hard.

PICT1850.jpg

PICT1853.jpg

Like a fat girl in a belly shirt :( but it acually looks very good on his neon tho.

YAY! Now my alternator is making a high pitch sqeel type noise i guess thats gonna need replacing soon! YAY! 80K = MONEY! i guess next time i have a day off i'll go to autozone to have them test it. Would i be better off buying a 200amp or a 160amp? Is it a pain to install? Thanks

Thanks bmxking. I was just really asking in general if it was hard i wasn't gonna really search untill i found out it was bad. But thanks for the links.

Back