Hello...new member | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello...new member

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 xlt
Hello, I am new to the site. And fairly new to the explorer. I had a 500hp 335i coupe and decided it was time to get a vehicle better suited for the family and our many travels. So I started looking at SUVs...I looked at tahoes, expeditions, armadas, etc. as big as they were I was shocked to see there was no space with the third row up. I couldn't fit a suitcase let alone a trip to Costco! The Chevy dealer said check out a suburban, that was like a bus! So on a whim I told my wife let's stop by a ford dealer and look at the explorer. She was hesitant cause I mean it's a smaller SUV. Well to our dismay...the explorer had more space then the large suv's! Once we sat in it...wow. The design and amount of space was great. Plus the gas mileage was better. So we started looking at explorers. Now our thing was no leather seats..cause it's really hot where we live. And I wanted all the options somewhat the same as the bmw. Well that was harder then expected. We looked at the sport..only leather. Limited..only leather. Most xlt's with options..leather. So my online search pursued. Eventually, I was able to find a black xlt 4wd with nice black cloth and and majority of options (touchscreen, reverse camera, drl's, etc).
So far the explorer has been awesome. We took a trip to Los Angeles and I had no problems fitting everything with the third row up.
Therefore thanks for the site and all the information I look forward to learning a lot!

Back