Hellp changed vacuum hose now it won't start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hellp changed vacuum hose now it won't start

ibnlee6318

Reaction score
City, State
Vineland, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
Help, I just changed the vacuum hose and now my 2001 sport will not start. I don't know where to start.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try disconnecting the battery and see if that works. If you had a vacuum leak it may have thrown the computer settings off to compensate for fuel/air mixture and that may be the cause of the starting issue.

I disconnected the battery for a few minutes. still no start. It started fine until i replaced the vacuum hose.

Hmmm. Well what vacuum hose was it you repaced? Retrace your steps and if you unplugged the MAF, or anything else make sure you plugged everything back up.

thanks Gamecockfan04 for you input.

I replaced the hose with the 90 degree end on it. I backtracked my steps and put everything back where it was. It turns but won't start.

thanks Gamecockfan04 for you input.

I replaced the hose with the 90 degree end on it. I backtracked my steps and put everything back where it was. It turns but won't start.

There is more than one hose with a 90 degree end, what does the hose go to and from?

it's probably the one for the EGR

the coilpack is back there isn't it?

Back