• Register Today It's free!

Help Finding the right tires.

GooseR

Reaction score
City, State
Va Beach, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
Ok, im doing a SOA in the rear, and a 3" spindle lift in the front, along with a TT to even it up. Whats the max sixe tires i could go WITHOUT rubbing and WITHOUT fender trimming? thansk

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since the SOA gives you about a 4" lift, you should be able to fit 33X12.50X15's with no problems.
Definately will fit 32X11.50X15's.

What's your gear ratios?

have no idea, have stock 98' XLT 2wd 4.0L Sohc

Check the sticker on the inside of your driver door. On the sticker will be a code under axle, then there is a thread here on the site where you can find out what gear ratio the code is.

what change in ratios are required to switch from stock ratio with 30x9.50x15 to 33x12.50x15??

I would go atleast 4.10

BTW, Stock ratios VARY from vehicle to vehicle.

Well an SOA is more like 5.5 inches of lift. But either way the rear isnt going to be your limiting factor. The front is the issue. Depending on how much you get from your TT you may rub 33's. Not badly but it may happen. When we ded PAExplorers 3 inch body and TT he was rubbing 33's like crazy

TheRookie said:
Well an SOA is more like 5.5 inches of lift. But either way the rear isnt going to be your limiting factor. The front is the issue. Depending on how much you get from your TT you may rub 33's. Not badly but it may happen. When we ded PAExplorers 3 inch body and TT he was rubbing 33's like crazy

yes, he probably did b/c he only lifted his X 3 inches. i have 2wd, so i can crank mt TT up a lil firther than 2 inches. if you search for a thread called "down, now up" he did what i am going to do and looks awesome... all i do now is search this site for stuuff like that. i dont plan to offroad, maybe like a couple times in a few months(2wd). but thanks for the input

Actually, its 5 inches... 3 inch BL and 2 inch TT. 3+2=5 last time I checked :p

I rubbed with the 4 inch superlift. But only required trimming INSIDE the fender well. I also had to remove part of the tupperware.

Back