help fuel prob?

mrwackmbuck

Reaction score
City, State
martinsburg pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
89 bronco ll
help..i have an 89 bronco ll 2.9 replaced fuel regulator,pump,ecm,and coil
its still dumping black smoke real bad out the pipe all the plugs arde black,when i pull the pump fuse it runs ok put it back and forget it
thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

black smoke wouldnt be caused by a fuel prob i wouldnt think.... black smoke is usally a sign of a oil issue...

maybe its an injector issue not getting enough pressure through?

pressure is right on the money,all the plugs are black not just one or two

thanks

I'm wondering also about how oil might be getting into the combustion chamber?
If it was only gas then the plugs would be what they call washed. The electrode would be like you cleaned it with a cleaning solution, which gas does do.
If it's gas then you would clearly be able to smell it on the plugs.
If it's oil then it will be a greasy black stuff mixed with the gas that's being supplied by the injectors.
On my 84 B2 when it was stock, it would sometimes pull oil up from the transmission. Faulty valve where the vacuum line was connected to tranny.

its a 5 speed there is no vacume,if i pull the pump fuse killing the presure it runs great for a min. what about the map?

thanks still not helping to much,im at a loss,maybe time for a 4.0 swap i hate to sell it,its been all rebuilt all but the motor,and body

maybe the 02 sensor?

Back