HELP !!!! having problems with my exploder & it my D.D. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP !!!! having problems with my exploder & it my D.D.

mustangsrus

Reaction score
City, State
nashville,tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 limited 4x4 4.0
1st off thanks in advance for any help !!!! :thumbsup:

i have a 95 limited 4x4 4.0 OHV auto ( current mileage is 100,088)
only has one mod ( k & N c.a.i. )

KN_57_2536_s.jpg

it has a weird intermittent bucking & shaking. with a serious lack of power. & sometimes it just doesnt have any power.
other times it drives perfect good power & trans shifts great.
i checked the fluid it a couple days ago & its perfect it was changed @ 80 K

i changed all plugs wires, pcv ,coil packs, fuel filter,NEW FORD I.A.C. & all fluids & transfer case service o2 sensors @ 80 K

and dont know if this matters but its still got the stock exhaust from the manifolds all the way back

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How long has the K&N been in, was the oil bled off the filter prior to install, and has the MAF been cleaned since it's been installed

id defintely clean the MAF as well as all other important electrical connections. you could also have plugged cats, i had the same symptoms as you with my 98 xlt and after i cleaned the MAF and gutted the cats those problems have been non existent for about 3 months. id also clean and or replace your idle air control valve and hit it with a treatment of sea foam.

the k & N has been on for about 8 months now & yea its been cleaned once since then. i guess i could clean it again & o`yea the IAC IS NEW SORRY i forgot about that !!!
i will try it & get back to ya

well i`ll update you all

i cleaned the maf. it was fine for a couple hrs then went right back to acting up so i talked to a mech friend who deals in old trucks & he said something about a barometric air pressure sensor possibly being bad & my maf was bad also so i unplugged the maf. & started the truck & it ran pretty close to perfect & then drove around the block ( as i was told to do ) it didnt buck or heistate or jerk me around & had lots of power

so tomorrow i`m going & buying a B.A.P. & a M.A.F. ( i`m guessing a BAP is like a air intake sensor on my 03-cobra )

will update you guys tomorrow :thumbsup:

BAP sensor:

EFI-C-38.jpg

oh ! ok thanks so basicly what does it do ?

Measures barometric air pressure. If you didn't have one, your fuel mixture would be off depending on the air pressure of the ambient air.

ok thanks joe ! & update i got the new MAF installed & it acting better !!!! but couldnt find where the BAP was on my truck. & it still shutters a little bit but has plenty of power so i`m off to find where the BAP is hiding tomorrow LOL

Not quite the 50 hp increase you expected from a cold air intake huh? I don't understand why anyone would deliberately place oil upstream of the MAF. Glad to hear you fixed it.

yea i knew it wouldnt be either but i got it for 110 shipped & yea i feel the same about the oil too !!!

but its not fixed yet :( cant find the freaking BAP/MAP sensor location on the 95 v6

Fuel Filter? Have you changed it recently?

ok thanks joe ! & update i got the new MAF installed & it acting better !!!! but couldnt find where the BAP was on my truck. & it still shutters a little bit but has plenty of power so i`m off to find where the BAP is hiding tomorrow LOL

Did you ever find rhe BAP sensor?

No problem, did it help?

ITS FIXED GUYS ! it was 3 things i was a bad DPFE & MAF & that new coil pack i put on 20K ago went bad too WTF ? its got all new FORD parts

but it runs way better now & will even turn a tire over now LOL !!

Back