Help Identify '97 exterior trim paint/color | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help Identify '97 exterior trim paint/color

ddaytona1

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Sport Vermillion
I'm trying to identify the correct shade/color of paint on the exterior trim of my '97 sport. I need to touch up the bumpers and fender flares.

The Body color is vermillion. E4/M6470 Vermillion Clearcoat

Not sure what the grey trim is called? Can anyone help with the proper identification?

Looking at this link
http://www.carid.com/paintcodes.php?make=Ford&model=Explorer&year=1997

I'm thinking the paint could be either
RC/M6454 Medium Platinum Metallic Clearcoat
TR/M6712 Medium Graphite Metallic Clearcoat

Thanks!

97explorer.jpg

I'm trying to identify the correct shade/color of paint on the exterior trim of my '97 sport. I need to touch up the bumpers and fender flares.

The Body color is vermillion. E4/M6470 Vermillion Clearcoat

Not sure what the grey trim is called? Can anyone help with the proper identification?

Looking at this link
http://www.carid.com/paintcodes.php?make=Ford&model=Explorer&year=1997

I'm thinking the paint could be either
RC/M6454 Medium Platinum Metallic Clearcoat
TR/M6712 Medium Graphite Metallic Clearcoat

Thanks!

97explorer.jpg

It's on your door sticker near the bottom. There will be two codes - one for the base color and one for the trim. On mine, the trim color was first and both were two digit codes - BA for the gold trim and YZ for the base white. I use automotivetouchup.com to get the paint; you can put the paint codes in on their website.

I dont see the 2nd code for the Trim. I see E4 for Vermillion. Am I just missing it?
Maybe it's the RC that shows up in the 2nd "column" (and the 48 belongs in the DSO "column")... So mine is
the medium platinum metalliac clearcoat?

Edit- No... that cant be right.. looking at the example on automotivetouchup.com. I dont see where the trim color code is located.

explorerIDtag.jpg

I dont see the 2nd code for the Trim. I see E4 for Vermillion. Am I just missing it?
Maybe it's the RC that shows up in the 2nd "column" (and the 48 belongs in the DSO "column")... So mine is
the medium platinum metalliac clearcoat?

Edit- No... that cant be right.. looking at the example on automotivetouchup.com. I dont see where the trim color code is located.

explorerIDtag.jpg

Sorry - my 97EB sticker is similar to yours, but both my paint codes are listed in the Ext Paint section.

Back