Help! In desperate need of a transmission in AZ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help! In desperate need of a transmission in AZ

Drummer1

Reaction score
City, State
Cave Creek ,Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 4.6L Limited
So my door sticker says my transmission is a 5r55S by the "V" under the TR on the sticker, bought a reman 5r55s and my mechanic calls and says its not the right one, codes on the tags on the bad trans are 2L2P/CA. I google it and it comes back to the "s" tranny, I believe I have the 5r55w, could the door sticker be wrong? Anyway, im no better off than i was, gonna see what the reman shop says, can anyone interject any wisdom, im goin crazy with this thing, thanks all

Really no physical difference in the S vs W transmission just gearing in the OD. Does your original transmission have a dipstick?

No dipstick,so that would be the W correct? the two transmissions side by side are very different, bell on mine is 17" and the bell on the new is 11" , definitely not the right one, I got it taken care of thought, these guys are so cool, on eBay they are transmasters, the are A&M transmission here locally, great shop all around, I'll be a life long customer

Glad you got it worked out There will be no difference visiable between the S and W on the exterior. And neither will have a dipstick. Obviously completely wrong transmission or application. Good luck!

Back