• Register Today It's free!

help installing sirius

mapes

Reaction score
City, State
Crossville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Explorer XLT 4WD
Not sure if this should be under stock or modified, but...

I'm trying to add Sirius to my 07 XLT.

I have 6cd changer, subwoofer, aux button, etc. but didn't have SAT channels, so no factory satellite radio.

I bought this which allows SAT1, SAT2, SAT3 (mimicks factory radio with sirius). I also bought the Sirus SC-C1.

I put the antenna on the roof at the back, came down between the hatch, over and under the weather strip (which leaks at the car wash), ran along the passenger side trim to the front floor board and up behind the glove compartment.

I connected everything with no apparent issues. I now have SAT1, SAT2, SAT3 when i press AUX, but it says NO AUDIO.

I've tried to send a refresh signal and even called Sirius. They said that my unit was active and that a refresh signal should fix the issue. It didn't.

I don't know what the problem is. If I have the SAT channels, the adapter is working properly. If Sirius sees my unit as active, wouldn't that mean the SC-C1 tuner is working properly?

AM/FM/CD/Line-In all work fine...anyone ever used these particular products and had similar issues? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Back