Help m5r2 swap reverse light wiring | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help m5r2 swap reverse light wiring

Afranco

Reaction score
City, State
Lakeville, mn
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 ranger
98 ranger
Hello i did a m5r2 swap on my 5.0l and i cant seam to figure out how to wire up the reverse light switch i saved the black pink wire on the auto trans harness cause that was the reverse lights for the auto so im wonder how do i wire it up so it works like factory when u put it do i connect the black n pink to the black n pink wire on the switch and where does the other wire go to thats on the switch help would be great
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine had two blades off of the revers light switch so I just hooked it up and all was good. I'll get a pic in a bit.

Well i know it has the two blades i have the acually pigtail for it so im just gona repin it to the right wired ok ill just wait for the pictures
Thanks

Ok I'm home so I'll get one, it doesn't matter what wire goes to what. There is only two and it will connect and work either way

So do u wire is it directly to the revese light wiring or do i use the one off for the auto transmission harness n hook the other one to power or ground

Use the factory wires

IMG_20170615_202926.jpg

It's dirty but that is my revers switch

Im still not understanding where the second wire goes cause the autos only used one wire so what wire did u connect the second one to

Back