HELP ME trying to remove pass door panel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP ME trying to remove pass door panel

1995whitestang

Reaction score
City, State
Fairmont, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
how do i do it? i removed the 2 screws by the door lever. removed little panel around it. i think i just broke the piece that houses the lock/window buttins.

on my mustang i removed the 2 screws. one plug on side and lifted striaght up. WTF do i need to do. need this off ASAP!!!

THANKS!

Jared

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

try pulling straight out at the bottom. There are prolly plastic clips on the back holding it on

Originally posted by bikerboy4lif
try pulling straight out at the bottom. There are prolly plastic clips on the back holding it on

are you sure? you dont seem too sure. i dont wann go braking my door panel.

my mustang had clips at bottom but they came straight UP not OUT. when i pulled up the clips popped out and up. then to reinstall i put clips on place and pushed down.

I think your 95 is probably like my 99. On the 99 to remove the door panel you'd remove the 2 screws as you did and take a small screw driver and gently pry out the door lever handle cover plate.

I think there's a screw holding down the arm rest plate for removing too?

The panel itself has blind poly rivits holding it to the door. Using an $8 trim removal tool is best for prying out those rivits so you don't fracture the plastic panel. If you are in a hury or too far to buy a trim tool, use maybe a Stanley Wonder bar and wrap it with tape for protecting the paint. You can start lifting the panel a bit with a screw driver so you can see where to place the too in relation to the rivits.

I think there are maybe two-three rivits on the sides and maybe two along the bottom.

I too broke some of the plastic molded holding clips on the arm rest area and found (after cleaning with laquer thinner) that repairing with Shoe Goop, after an over night cure, works very well

EDIT: Forgot to mention that once you separate the rivits all the way around, the panel lifts upwards a few inches before pulling out. And your controls will have to be threaded through their opening. Also, up near where your mirror is, there's a molded in hanger type clip built into the back of the panel that you wouldn't want to break while trying to pull the panel away too early

i got door panel of. just pulled them out. now im having problems with my door lock atcuator.

You mean getting it out? If so, go and look at my posts from approx Mid-Aug of this past summer and I wrote up the removal of the actuator + the removal and replacement of the door striker.

Back