• Register Today It's free!

Door Panels

JSA

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer
Can some one tell me how or point me to a how to on removing the front door panels so i can get to a broken power lock? this no screw thing is making me:confused:
Thanks
John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On mine it is just held up with a whole bunch of those pop in plastic things, I had to just basically rip them all out.

check out this .pdf file. It's a service bulletin, aparrently different years have different methods, and the Ford Mechanics are ripping up interior door panels, so they put this out, not sure what it means, but take a peek and see if you can make heads or tails out of it...Thanks.........John
Dead Link Removed

1999 Explorers use the "push pin" design. You remove the screws above the inside door handle. Then start from the bottom and gently pry the push pins out of the door frame, work your way around until they are all out. They will pop out. Be gentle with them, if memory serves me correctly they are plasic.

Thanks Guys!
I knew I could count on you all! I also have 2 Maximas and belong to Maxima.org, to say the least; you guys are MUCH friendlier group! I really appreciate the help!
Thanks again,
John
:chug:

Back