HELP!!! My Keyless Remote Won't Work | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP!!! My Keyless Remote Won't Work

arf1217

Reaction score
Hey! I need major help! My keyless remote won't work. I had my starter replaced and it stoped working after that. I've tried to replace the battery and reprogram it, still nothing. I've had to reprogram it before by cycling the ingition so many times and the horn would honk and then I would press one of the buttons on the remote and it would program it. Now when I try to cycle the ignition the horn doesn't honk. Help please I can't lock or unlock my doors. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think your locks are supposed to cycle and not your horn honk......just in case you were looking for your horn to honk specifically (5 times on-off maybe....I guess it might vary).

Do your power locks still work? If not it could be a fuse.

What else can I try?

The horn would honk and the lock would cycle in the past, but power door locks work and I've checked all the fuses. I don't know what else to do. Help!

you have to cycle on/off 8 times. on the 8th time leave it key in on position.

I've already tried that. It has only stoped working since I had my starter replaced. Do you think they forgot to hook something back up?

Back