Help need new motor for 2003 sport trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help need new motor for 2003 sport trac

harleyrider271

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sport trac
my motor blew up with 210k miles on it and its a 2003 ford sport trac with the 4.0 engine. im looking to put a new motor in it but i need to know what all motors will fit and bolt and plug right up with no probs.. i know the explorers and rangers and so on have the same 4.0 motors in them so i need to know what all models will fit my 2003 sport trac and bolt right in with no changes or mods.. so could somebody please give me a list of what year and make vehicals i could get a motor from to put back in my sport trac.. thanks so much... i found a good deal on a motor out of a 2000 ford ranger with low miles but was wondering if that would fit in mine or should i look for another??

that motor will work, but you will need to change over a few parts from your motor to the new one. off the top of my head you would have to change all the sensors, the motor harness, upper and lower intake, valve covers, fuel rails and injectors, and i think but not sure exhaust manifolds.

a big difference in these motors that i found out about is the 4x4 motors have a balance shaft on the cam. 2 wheel drive do not. If you have a upull yard near you just go in and ask for a parts interchange.

Back